Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt]

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:40:12 +0100

The announcement went to the old mailing list, probably because the 
UseFor WG page contains wrong email address for the mailing list. I've 
sent a request to fix that.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt
Date: 	Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:31:44 -0400
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Usenet Article Standard Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: News Article Architecture and Protocols
	Author(s)	: C. Lindsey
	Filename	: draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2004-8-31
	
This Draft, together with its companion draft [USEFOR], are
   intended as standards track documents, together obsoleting RFC
   1036, which itself dates from 1987.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 20:40:12 +0100
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt]
Sender: [email-masked]

The announcement went to the old mailing list, probably because the 
UseFor WG page contains wrong email address for the mailing list. I've 
sent a request to fix that.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt
Date: 	Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:31:44 -0400
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Usenet Article Standard Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: News Article Architecture and Protocols
	Author(s)	: C. Lindsey
	Filename	: draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt
	Pages		: 47
	Date		: 2004-8-31
	
This Draft, together with its companion draft [USEFOR], are
   intended as standards track documents, together obsoleting RFC
   1036, which itself dates from 1987.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:16:22 +0100
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
To: Bill Davidsen <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: New UseFor headers (was Re: Document definitions)
Sender: [email-masked]

Bill Davidsen wrote:

>>> Complaints-To is arguably useful but isn't fully baked; it's a
>>> standardization of an existing header that someone thought was a good
>>> idea, but whose effectiveness is a bit dubious.  I could, for instance,
>>> make a strong argument that its contents should be a URL, not an e-mail
>>> address.
>>
>> <chair hat off>
>> There was a proposal to merge it with Injection-Info, which is fine 
>> with me. If this happens, I withdraw my voice in favor of using URLs 
>> (i.e. I am fine with using the email address syntax for "complain" 
>> parameter inside the Injection-Info header.
>> </chair hat off>
>
> It's quite widely used now, I suggest that we have it written and it's 
> current practice, there are more contentious things we should settle.

If the WG wants to standardize Complaints-To as is, this is fine with 
me. In which case the description of Complaints-To header can be in the 
USEFOR document.
But the document should be clear that Complaints-To is already deployed 
and the document doesn't make any attempts to extend or fix (if fixing 
is required) it.

Alexey

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:05:34 +0100
From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Welcome to the UseFor WG mailing list
Sender: [email-masked]

Welcome to the UseFor WG [new] mailing list.
If you are reading this messages, presumably you still care about the 
outcome of this working group.

So I will remind people that they should concentrate on getting the 
USEFOR document (draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-00.txt) out of the door first. 
I you haven't reviewed it yet, I advise you to do so ASAP.

Charles has submitted USEPRO-00 today, so it should be announced soon. 
There is some text from draft-ietf-usefor-article-13.txt, which is 
currently in neither USEFOR-00, nor in USEPRO-00. This should be sorted 
out later in September, when -01 revisions get published.

Alexey