Subject: Re: Shame vs Engineering

From: John Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>it generates a lot of junk mail to abuse@xxxxx, but I suppose you've 
>already understood and accepted that....

Step 3, if the address contains just one dot, send the mail. No,
abuse@xxxxx isn't a possible destination based on that algorithm. And
since you start with an FQDN, you will always start with at least one dot.

---

From: Richard Clayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:47:35 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, John
Stanley <[email-masked]> writes
>Step 3, if the address contains just one dot, send the mail.

you ought to consider reading the original emails (hence I've cc'd this
to you as well)   Harald wrote  <[email-masked]>  which is a nonsense
address (unlike <[email-masked]> which is not)

> No,

you may also have missed my earlier example of <m@im>

- -- 
richard                                              Richard Clayton

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.         Benjamin Franklin