Subject: Re: #1080 - MIME parameters for Injection-Info

From: John Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:34:34 -0700 (PDT)

Frank Ellermann <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>In that case it's tricky, your $Somebody is the editor or his
>co-author. 

That "somebody" you keep eliding is me. No, I am not the editor or his 
co-author. Where you got the idea I was either is beyond comprehension.

>> Reread
>[Somebody's]
>> messages.

>No, thank you.  I think that $Somebody is not interested in
>any progress or WG output.  No big deal if I'm wrong.

Other than spreading a lie, no big deal.

Charles's penchant for putting his own ideas into our drafts is not
progress. Progress is when mutually agreeable, non-contradictory,
justifiable text is put into the draft. WG output is fine, as long as
it is the output of the group and not just the editor. Of course, you
know that, but it's more fun to pretend otherwise.

> ... I won't opt-in for something worse.

Be very careful. Someone might think you are opposing progress. Oh, wait,
when YOU don't opt-in it IS progress, when I don't opt-in it's opposing
progress. I forgot. Sorry, my bad.

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:13:52 +0200

1) Please stop insulting other participants. It's not useful.
2) Even when being insulting, we have a responsibility to read the postings 
we're replying to.

> co-author. Where you got the idea I was either is beyond comprehension.

Frank's "somebody" is you, John. Frank's pointing out that Bruce is using 
an elided identity ("your $somebody") to refer to Charles.

                 Harald