Subject: Re: #1047 permitted constructs - a list

From: John Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 14:07:06 -0800 (PST)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I'll just remind that I expressed an opinion for option B that didn't seem 
to make it to the count.

>- A path-element can be:

>* path-identity followed by path-diagnostic, followed by !

>- A path-diagnostic can be:
>* a "." followed by a keyword, followed by a separator (another "."?), 
>followed by more information ...

> (the nice thing about !.diagnostic ...

You didn't specify that syntax. Your syntax would result in a path entry
that looks like:

 	example.com.MISMATCH!

Which is completely undifferentiable from a normal path-identity.

How about:

- A path-element can be:

* path-identity followed by !
* path-diagnostic followed by !

And then the rest about what a path-diagnostic can be, since the path 
diagnostic is defined to contain the leading dot.

But just what IS a path-diagnostic anyway?