Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-06.txt

From: John Stanley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:18:55 -0800 (PST)

A document change section that says nothing more for most items than
"resolved ticket x" is meaningless. Could our esteemed editor please
properly document changes in the draft by saying what the change was
and where it was made? Our drafts go to more than just the dedicated few
here who have the time and ability to memorize arcane "ticket numbers",
and they ought to mean something.

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 22:31:59 -0500

> and they ought to mean something.

The change section mentions the ticket number along with a description 
of what issue the ticket corresponds to, which hopefully should point 
you to the proper area of the document.  I'll concede that the draft 
should mention where to find the content of the tickets.  I'll try to do 
a better job of documenting changes in -07.  Would it help if I posted a 
diff between -05 and -06?

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer
Carnegie Mellon University

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:30:01 +0100

--On mandag, januar 09, 2006 22:31:59 -0500 Ken Murchison 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> The change section mentions the ticket number along with a description of
> what issue the ticket corresponds to, which hopefully should point you to
> the proper area of the document.  I'll concede that the draft should
> mention where to find the content of the tickets.  I'll try to do a
> better job of documenting changes in -07.  Would it help if I posted a

I don't think it's a big issue - there are multiple places on the net that 
will generate a diff for you (I prefer bgp.potaroo.net, but that's because 
I like their diff format).

Next time, it might be nice to include the section number in the "resolved 
ticket" note - I've tried to keep section numbers in the ticket titles, so 
that shouldn't be too much work.

                   Harald

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 03:00:54 +0100

Ken Murchison wrote:

> Would it help if I posted a diff between -05 and -06?

You did that already and it was very helpful:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.usenet.format/30273/raw