Subject: End of issues

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:25:20 +0200

I believe that I have now suggested resolutions for all four open issues 
listed on the April 11 issues list.

With that, I'd like to ask the editor to produce an -08 version that 
includes those resolutions, and make WG Last Call on that when it is ready.

             Harald

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 20:42:54 GMT

>includes those resolutions, and make WG Last Call on that when it is ready.

I think I should make it clear that, although we need to review and draw a
line under USEFOR, I would be totally opposed to submitting it to the IESG
until there is a USEPRO ready to accompany it. There is just too great a
risk that the USEPRO work will through up some gross incompatibility which
will just _have_ to be fixed (not to mention that there are references to
USEPRO from within USEFOR).

But I would be quite happy for the agreed USEFOR draft to be put into a
"frozen" state, with all further change (certainly technical change)
forbidden except with the express authority of the Chair.

It might even allow time for someone to write Dan's examples :-) .

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 10:26:58 +0200

>It might even allow time for someone to write Dan's examples :-) .
Experience with the IETF Last Call and IESG review process shows that it 
just about *always* catches some things that the WG on its own did not 
think of.

I think it would be good for the WG to have that part done with while we 
still have this document in our active memory.

I'll make that a separate question when we send out the WG Last Call.

                         Harald

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:18:45 GMT

>just about *always* catches some things that the WG on its own did not 

But then again, it will also catch some things we forgot in USEPRO, and
more importantly some unsuspected interactions between the two.

>I'll make that a separate question when we send out the WG Last Call.

Fair enough.