Subject: Status update (no change)

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:55:30 +0200

Just to make sure we're all on the same page....

I believe we have reached substantial consensus on all issues raised, 
and we're waiting for version -08 to be published.
Once -08 is published, we'll close the remaining open tickets, send out 
a WG Last Call, and see if we are done.

The Last Call will include a poll question on what to do when Last Call 
finishes:

- Pass draft-ietf-usefor-usefor to the IESG for IETF-wide Last Call and 
processing (knowing that it will likely be in REF hold at the RFC Editor 
until draft-ietf-usefor-usepro is finished)

- Put draft-ietf-usefor-usefor into a "WG-internal frozen state", where 
we will promise to only change it if work on USEPRO proves to us that we 
have something wrong in -usefor-.

I hope that either way, we can declare victory on this document and move on.

                     Harald

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:52:50 GMT

>a WG Last Call, and see if we are done.

I am not clear what was decided concerning the various fixes proposed by
Dan Kohn. Some of them were improvements, a few were plain wrong, and some
were never resolved (e.g. Email vs email).

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5