Subject: Admin: Resolution of WG Last Call comments

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:17:25 -0700

At the moment, we have 5 open tickets on USEFOR:
#1298, #1299, #1300, #1305 and #1306.
I believe the substantive parts of #1298 are captured by #1305 and 
#1306, so when these are resolved, #1298 will also be resolved, with the 
editor taking editorial fixes according to editorial judgment.

The publication window before the IETF meeting has closed, so the next 
version of the draft cannot be emitted until mid-July (at which time I'm 
on holiday).

So - if we can resolve the outstanding issues, and get -09 issued, I'll 
issue a poll for resolution in late July with the following 
alternatives, based on practice with successful WG Last Calls and the 
sentiments raised at Last Call:

A - The specification has resolved all the issued raised at Last Call. 
It is ready to be sent to the IESG.

B - The specification has not resolved an issue raised at Last Call. 
It's critical that this should be resolved before passing it to the 
IESG. The issue number is #......

C - The specification has a fatal technical error, not raised at Last 
Call, and it is critical that this should be resolved before passing it 
to the IESG.

D - This effort is futile, we should abandon the document and close the WG.

Note that there is NO option of "I have a few remaining niggles". That's 
the purpose of the Last Call: To get *all* the remaining issues on the 
table. We can niggle documents forever if we want to; this is closure time.

Based on the results from the Last Call, I'm removing the option of 
putting the document on hold while waiting for USEPRO to complete.

Comments?

                       Harald