Subject: Re: Status of the USEFOR document

From: Russ Allbery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 23:26:40 -0800

Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi folks,

> After several discussions between Lisa, Harald and myself it became
> clear that making the reference to USEPRO normative would be the
> easiest/quickest way to remove remaining IESG DISCUSSes. This change
> will delay publication of the USEFOR document until the USEPRO document
> is approved by IESG.

> Any objections to doing that?

I have no objections.  I think it would probably be possible to rework
USEFOR so that it wouldn't have serious normative references, but I'm not
sure the result is that realistically useful.  I also think that
publishing USEPRO is an entirely reachable goal, and in our ideal world we
want them both anyway.

We can always go back and revisit this if we fail to achieve WG consensus
on USEPRO, or if it starts dragging out.

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 08:23:40 -0500

> Any objections to doing that?

I submitted -12 last night, which makes USEPRO normative and fixes the 
other DISCUSSes:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~murch/draft-ietf-usefor-usefor-12.txt

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Systems Programmer
Project Cyrus Developer/Maintainer
Carnegie Mellon University

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:22:19 GMT

>I submitted -12 last night, which makes USEPRO normative and fixes the 

I did an rfcdiff, and it seems all correct.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5