Subject: Commit in docs/usefor (usepro.xml)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:52:10 -0800 (PST)

Date: Friday, February 13, 2009 @ 12:52:09
  Author: eagle
Revision: 5725

Apply fix for 1583: specify behavior when a serial number was included
and then is left off a subsequent checkgroups and require that, once
serial numbers begin to be used, they continue to be used.

Modified:
  docs/usefor/usepro.xml

Modified: docs/usefor/usepro.xml
===================================================================
--- docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2009-02-13 19:19:53 UTC (rev 5724)
+++ docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2009-02-13 20:52:09 UTC (rev 5725)
@@ -1953,12 +1953,14 @@
 
           <t>The &lt;chksernr> argument may be any positive integer.  If
           present, it MUST increase with every change to the newsgroup
-          list and MUST NOT ever decrease.  If provided, news servers
-          SHOULD remember the &lt;chksernr> value of the previous
-          checkgroups control message honored for a particular hierarchy
-          or sub-hierarchy and decline to honor any subsequent checkgroups
-          control message for the same hierarchy or sub-hierarchy with a
-          smaller &lt;chksernr> value.</t>
+          list, MUST NOT ever decrease, and MUST be included in all
+          subsequent checkgroups control messages with the same scope.
+          If provided, news servers SHOULD remember the &lt;chksernr>
+          value of the previous checkgroups control message honored for a
+          particular hierarchy or sub-hierarchy and decline to honor any
+          subsequent checkgroups control message for the same hierarchy
+          or sub-hierarchy with a smaller &lt;chksernr> value or with no
+          &lt;chksernr> value.</t>
 
           <figure>
             <preamble>For example, the following Control header