Subject: Possible discrepancy in Path: header field example

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 18:35:21 +0200

Hi,

In 3.2.2, the example is:

    Path: foo.isp.example!.SEEN.isp.example!!foo-news
      !.MISMATCH.2001:DB:0:0:8:800:200C:417A!bar.isp.example
      !!old.site.example!barbaz!!baz.isp.example
      !.POSTED.dialup123.baz.isp.example!not-for-mail

I do not understand why foo.isp.example adds a <diag-match> "!" for
foo-news.  The third item in 3.2.1 does not allow that for "!.SEEN.".

Is it a typo in 3.2.2, something to change in 3.2.1 or something
I misunderstand?

By the way, in 3.2.2, there is also a missing double quote here:

    "not-for-mail is a common <tail-entry>.

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« Quès acco ? » (Caligulaminix)

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 12:54:30 GMT

>foo-news.  The third item in 3.2.1 does not allow that for "!.SEEN.".

Oops! And I have rechecked that section umpteen times :-( . Indeed, I
think that !.SEEN.isp.example!!foo-news is not even syntactially correct.
  s/!!/!/

>    "not-for-mail is a common <tail-entry>.

Good catch!

Russ, please fix these.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131            Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5