Subject: Commit in docs/usefor (usepro.xml)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 23:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Monday, August 3, 2009 @ 23:06:53
  Author: eagle
Revision: 6073

Clearly specify processing of complex <chkscope> arguments in checkgroups
control messages.

Modified:
  docs/usefor/usepro.xml

Modified: docs/usefor/usepro.xml
===================================================================
--- docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2009-08-04 05:51:19 UTC (rev 6072)
+++ docs/usefor/usepro.xml	2009-08-04 06:06:53 UTC (rev 6073)
@@ -2022,14 +2022,24 @@
           the valid groups in all hierarchies or sub-hierarchies with a
           prefix listed in the &lt;chkscope> argument, excluding any
           sub-hierarchy where the &lt;chkscope> argument is prefixed by
-          "!".  If no &lt;chkscope> argument is given, it applies to all
+          "!".  For complex cases with multiple &lt;chkscope> arguments,
+          start from an empty list of groups, include all groups in the
+          checkgroups control message matching &lt;chkscope> arguments
+          without a "!" prefix, and then exclude all groups matching
+          &lt;chkscope> arguments with a "!" prefix.  Follow this method
+          regardless of the order of the &lt;chkscope> arguments in the
+          Control header field.</t>
+
+          <t>If no &lt;chkscope> argument is given, it applies to all
           hierarchies for which group statements appear in the body of the
-          message.  Since much existing software does not honor the
-          &lt;chkscope> argument, the body of the checkgroups control
-          message MUST NOT contain group statements for newsgroups outside
-          the intended scope and SHOULD contain a correct newsgroup list
-          even for sub-hierarchies excluded with "!" &lt;chkscope> terms.
-          News servers, however, MUST honor &lt;chkscope> as specified
+          message.</t>
+
+          <t>Since much existing software does not honor the &lt;chkscope>
+          argument, the body of the checkgroups control message MUST NOT
+          contain group statements for newsgroups outside the intended
+          scope and SHOULD contain a correct newsgroup list even for
+          sub-hierarchies excluded with "!" &lt;chkscope> terms.  News
+          servers, however, MUST honor &lt;chkscope> as specified
           here.</t>
 
           <t>The &lt;chksernr> argument may be any positive integer.  If