Subject: RFC 5537 on Netnews Architecture and Protocols

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 21:09:17 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5537

        Title:      Netnews Architecture and Protocols 
        Author:     R. Allbery, Ed.,
                    C. Lindsey
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      48
        Characters: 120366
        Obsoletes:  RFC1036

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-usefor-usepro-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5537.txt

This document defines the architecture of Netnews systems and
specifies the correct manipulation and interpretation of Netnews
articles by software that originates, distributes, stores, and
displays them.  It also specifies the requirements that must be met
by any protocol used to transport and serve Netnews articles.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Usenet Article Standard Update Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute