Subject: RFC 5536 almost there

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:42:36 GMT

The changes to the Message-ID, and other matters related to RFC 5322 and a
few nit fixes are now incorported. If anyone wants a final quick look for
further nits, have a look at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/authors/rfc5536-diff.html.

Once it has been published, together with RFC 5537, we need to give some
thought as to how to publicize it to the Usenet community. Presumably by
posting some announcement to the relevant news.admin.* groups. Particular
suggestions anyone?

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131            Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5

---

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:39:30 +0100

Hi Charles,

> posting some announcement to the relevant news.admin.* groups. Particular

Also on the relevant news.software.* groups and other (non-English) newsgroups
dealing with Usenet software (in fr.*, de.*, es.*, etc.).

Maybe implementing RFC 5536 and 5537 may help to publicize them.  Because
people may notice "unusual" things like ".POSTED", Injection-Date, Archive,
checkgroups serials, etc. and wonder what they are.

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« You say that love is nonsense...  I tell you it is no such thing.
  For weeks and months it is a steady physical pain, an ache about the heart,
  never leaving one, by night or by day; a long strain on one's
  nerves like toothache or rheumatism, not intolerable at any one instant,
  but exhausting by its steady drain on the strength. » (Henry Adams)