Subject: Re: Typos in USEFOR

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 22:08:59 +0100

Maybe "whitespace" should be written with a space?
I see that RFC 5322 always uses a space.

In USEFOR, the term appears 4 times, and only once with a space:

   o  Every line of a header field body (including the first and any
      that are subsequently folded) MUST contain at least one non-
      whitespace character.

   Although comments and folding of white space are permitted throughout
   the Injection-Info header field, folding SHOULD NOT be used within
   any <parameter>.

      NOTE: [RFC2616] describes a similar facility for the HTTP
      protocol.  The Netnews article format differs in that "{" and "}"
      are allowed in tokens (<product> and <product-version>) and
      comments are permitted wherever whitespace is allowed.

   o  Every line of a header field body (including the first and any
      that are subsequently folded) MUST contain at least one non-
      whitespace character.  This means that an empty header field body
      is illegal.

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« Nunc est bibendum. » (Horace)

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:57:21 GMT

>I see that RFC 5322 always uses a space.

OK, I forwarded it to the RFC Editor et al.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131            Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5