Subject: Number of occurrences of headers

From: Julien ÉLIE <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:25:06 +0100

Hi,

I am currently adding support for the new header fields defined in RFC 5536
and 5537 in INN.

As far as I understand, every field defined in these RFCs can be used
0 or 1 time in an article, except for Comments: and Original-Sender:
which can be used an unlimited number of times.

Regarding Original-Sender:, isn't one time enough?

-- 
Julien ÉLIE

« Être en vacances, c'est n'avoir rien à faire et avoir
  toute la journée pour le faire. » (Robert Orben)

---

From: Russ Allbery <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 11:13:39 -0800

> As far as I understand, every field defined in these RFCs can be used 0
> or 1 time in an article, except for Comments: and Original-Sender:

I haven't checked RFC 5322 for the headers defined there, but that sounds
right.

> Regarding Original-Sender:, isn't one time enough?

Normally, yes, but it wouldn't be in pathological gatewaying situations
where an article was gatewayed multiple times.

-- 
Russ Allbery ([email-masked])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>