Subject: FW: WebDAV hosting

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:43:09 -0700

Accidentally caught by the spam filter. I have added
[email-masked] to the accept2 list, so future email from this
address will go straight through to the list.

- Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Lawrence LaFerla [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 11:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Moderator Action] WebDAV hosting

Hello list,

I've looked all over the place trying to find a list of web hosting
companies that will allow my (remote) design partner and I to
collaboratively design sites using Adobe GoLive's WebDAV
uploading/downloading. I have asked several hosting companies and they all
say nope, they don't have WebDAV enabled; and most ask why we can't just use
FTP.

Can anyone recommend any hosting services? Or is WebDAV only for people who
own servers??

If you have any info, I would be grateful if you'll respond to:

    [email-masked]

Thank you very much,
Lawrence LaFerla
Nishinomiya, Japan

---

From: "Jim Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 09:49:07 -0700

> say nope, they don't have WebDAV enabled; and most ask why we
> can't just use FTP.

Well, I do know that the ISP spoke.net
<http://www.spoke.net/Flexibility/webdav.htm> supports the WebDAV protocol.

But, more generally, this raises the issue of how to get the word out to
ISPs about DAV.  Is there an ISP Conference that most ISPs attend? Or a
well-known ISP trade magazine?

- Jim