Subject: Question about the creationdate property

From: "James Woods" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:20:10 -0700

Hello all,

I was looking at the discusion about the what DAV properties were writable
by the client and the summary of consensus
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/2001AprJun/0071.html

my question is on creationdate. I had assumed that this property
represented when the file was created, but how am I supposed to tell the
server when the creation date was if the property is protected?

For example. I created a document a week ago, and it currently resides on
my local file system. I decide to place this document on the Web using my
favorite protocol, WebDAV, with a PUT.

So, how do I (the client) tell the server the original creationdate since I
can not do a PROPPATCH? Is there a way send this property value along with
the PUT?

Or does creationdate represent when my document was created as a WebDav
Compliant Resource and reflects the timestamp of the PUT?

Thanks,

James Woods
[email-masked]

---

From: "Clemm, Geoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:35:01 -0400

Yes, the DAV:creationdate is the servers idea of the creation date
(i.e. when the resource was first created on the server), not some
clients idea of the creationdate (this is consistent with how dates
in general are handled in HTTP).

Cheers,
Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: James Woods [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 6:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Question about the creationdate property

Hello all,

Thanks,

James Woods
[email-masked]