Subject: REBIND a parent to a child

From: "Sriram Malladi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:14:41 +0530

Hi
What is the expected behaviour if I try to rebind a collection to one of its
descendants. For example, suppose I try to rebind /a to /a/b. Should the
server allow the method and remove the collection 'a'? Or should it return
an error? If so, what error?
Thanks
Sriram

---

From: Geoffrey M Clemm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:41:54 -0400

The server can disallow this, in case it doesn't support binding loops, in 
which case it would return DAV:cycle-allowed to indicate which 
pre-condition failed in its DAV:error status response message (see <
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-webdav-rfc2518bis-15#section-16> for 
a description of DAV:error status response>).

Cheers,
Geoff

[email-masked] wrote on 10/24/2006 06:44:41 AM:

> Hi
> What is the expected behaviour if I try to rebind a collection to 
> one of its descendants. For example, suppose I try to rebind /a to 
> /a/b. Should the server allow the method and remove the collection 
> 'a'? Or should it return an error? If so, what error? 
> Thanks
> Sriram