Subject: [xml2rfc] [xml] should render?

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 09:07:05 +0200

When i click [xml]
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-09
I get (when using Chrome but not strangely not when using Firefox):
ERROR: /rfc/front/date/@month missing (and XSLT processor cannot compute the system date)

IMO, [xml] should provide the XML "as is" for people with interests in checking or "borrowing" and not try to render.
The "tool tip" also says: 'XML source for this document'

thanx
Anders

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:05:24 +0200

> The "tool tip" also says: 'XML source for this document'

You're very swift with very definitive statements.

Here, what's happening is that the server is serving you XML "as is".  Your
browser is then applying the XSLT stylesheet you have specified in your
submitted XML.  Don't blame the server for that.

	Henrik

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:17:49 +0200

> submitted XML.  Don't blame the server for that.

Right.

This is a shortcoming of Chrome; see
<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#xslt.engines.browser>
and <https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4079> (reported 2005, still
marked as "new").

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:42:09 +0200

> and <https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4079> (reported 2005, still

Well, I couldn't really know that.

Don't take it wrong, but I believe that indicates what Google thinks of XSLT.
It is not a problem though, I just pushed every button to see where it took me :-)

Thanx,
Anders

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 10:52:49 +0200

On 16.09.2019 10:42, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> ...

Actually, XML (in the browser) in general...

> ...

Best regards, Julian