Subject: [xml2rfc] RFC date format?

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:05:07 +0200

After submitting (in XML V3 format)
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-08
I see that you haven't fully made up your mind regarding date formats.

In the version created by the Web tool dates have changed to

nn month year

while the submitted generated version mixes the traditional and new date format.

I don't think there was a problem with the old format but what's more important is maintaining consistency.

thanx,
Anders

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 16:56:58 +0200

You can choose format with the --legacy-date-format switch, except for the
boilerplate which has a fixed format.

On 2019-09-13 16:05, Anders Rundgren wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc
>

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 17:02:14 +0200

> boilerplate which has a fixed format.

Hi Henrik,

This does not seem to address my concern about mixed date formats in submitted documents and that the Web tool does something else.

Anders

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 17:07:12 +0200

Hi Anders,

> This does not seem to address my concern about mixed date formats in submitted documents and that the Web tool does something else.

In that case, you must give me more specific information and examples in
order to understand and possibly debug.

	Henrik

---

From: Anders Rundgren <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 17:18:43 +0200

Hi Henrik,

> order to understand and possibly debug.

If you run the V3 Web tool and ask for RfcMarkup for
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cyberphone/ietf-json-canon/gh-pages/xmlv3/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme.xml
you will (of today at least) see that all dates are in the new format.

The published version submitted as as XML
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rundgren-json-canonicalization-scheme-08
shows dates in old format except for
"This Internet-Draft will expire on 16 March 2020."

Cheers,
Anders

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 17:33:13 +0200

Hi Anders,

> "This Internet-Draft will expire on 16 March 2020."

Right.  The --legacy-date-format doesn't affect the boilerplate, as I tried
to indicate.

Changing the default for xml2rfc output from submission-time conversion to
use the new format should be trivial; will be so with the next release.

	Henrik