Subject: [xml2rfc] #424 (Version 2 cli): Crash when author element only has organization info

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 17:53:55 -0000

#424: Crash when author element only has organization info

 I thought the issues might have been due to python and other software
 version issues on my machine, but I got a similar output on
 https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/ :
 {{{
   Parsing file INPUT
   Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
   Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-xhtml.ent
   Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-other.ent
   Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629.dtd
   Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-xhtml.ent
   Resolving entity... /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/templates/rfc2629-other.ent
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 11, in <module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/run.py", line 496,
 in main
     htmlwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1431, in write
     self._build_document()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1377, in _build_document
     self.write_reference_list(references[0])
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
 packages/xml2rfc/writers/legacy_html.py", line 570, in
 write_reference_list
     initials, surname = short_author_name_parts(author)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/util/name.py", line
 26, in short_author_name_parts
     initials = get_initials(a)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xml2rfc/util/name.py", line
 22, in get_initials
     initials = initials.split('.')[0]
 AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'split'
 }}}

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli         |    Version:  2.10.x
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/424>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 17:54:46 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * cc: Niels, ten, Oever, <[email-masked]> (added)

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                        |   Keywords:
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/424#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>