Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v2.26.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 12:58:04 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.26.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.26.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Fixed a broken rendering of Obsoletes: and Updates:, broken in different 
    ways in v3 HTML and v3 text output.  Fixes issue #423.

  * Added an alternative style sheet from Martin Thomson (reachable with
    --css=mt) and rewrote the code to read in alternative style sheets to look
    in more places. Also added a mt.js file to go with the mt.css file, and
    tweaked the html renderer to load an alternative .js file if an
    alternative .css file is set and a matching .js exists.

  * Fixed an issue with nested <ul> with emtpy="true".

  * Added a test, with error exit, for duplicate <displayreference> 
    replacement terms.  Fixes issue #421.

  * Changed the rendering of Internet-Draft references to follow
    draft-flanagan-7322bis-03 (RFC Style Guide bis) more closely.

  * Made the address pane for authors' addresses wider, to accomodate very 
    long email addresses.  Changed the bottom margin for some styles used by 
    figures in order to get the same caption placement for figures and tables.

  * Removed the computed <dl><dd> text mode indentation, and replaced it 
    with a fixed indentation of 3.

  * Added an example section using <aside> to element.xml.  Updated the 
    <xref> examples that use the section attribute.

  * Updated the prepping and rendering of <xref> with section settings to
    better handle sectionFormat="bare", and changed the handlin of the
    metadata.js script in HTML output.

  * Added a minified version of the metadata.js script, updated the help text
    for the --external-css switch, and changed the default for the
    --metadata-js-url switch to use the minified metadata.js file, and changed
    the metadata_js_url setting for invocation of xml2rfc renderers as library
    modules to use the minified metadata.js

  * Updated metadata.js with a new copy received from the RFC Editor staff.

  * Added a warning for mismatch between <rfc number="..."> and 
    <seriesInfo name="RFC" value="...">.

  * Modified the v2v3 conversion code to deal correctly with multiple 
    instances of <artwork> within an unlabelled Figure.  Modified the converter 
    to avoid some lxml-related issues under python 3.x.

  * Updated XmlRfc.__init__() with a new keyword argument to set source 
    file, needed when using the v2v3 converter as a library function (such as 
    from id2xml in v3 mode).

  * Incorporated a new updated copy of the original CSS stylesheet received 
    from the original contractor.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  03 Sep 2019 12:56:52 -0700

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.26.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:55:12 -0400

>    * Fixed an issue with nested <ul> with emtpy="true".

Gee, I hope this is not the way it is spelled in the code...

:)

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 23:17:20 +0200

Hi Bob,

> Gee, I hope this is not the way it is spelled in the code...

 :-D