Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v2.28.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 13:23:05 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.28.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.28.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Fixed the handling of empty <workgroup> entries when writing HTML, and 
    added handling for multiple <workgroup> entries for text output.  Fixes 
    issue #425.

  * Fixed an inconsistency in the handling of non-ASCII author initials.

  * Added some XML cleanup before writing prepped output.

  * Fixed a case where for instance 'Section b.2' would be emitted instead 
    of the correct 'Appendix B.2'

  * Changed the restricted right margin for <dt> terms.

  * Added a check for conflicting schema information for v3 input files, 
    and fixed a failure to heed the presence of preptool errors when genreating 
    v3 format outputs.

  * Adjusted the library call default value for --legacy-date-format to
    match the command line setting.

  * Added a script to minify javascript (through an external service), and 
    added a javascript minification step to the Makefile.

  * Added a html <div> for external metadata, and updated metadata.js to 
    look for online metadata also for documents served from disk.

  * Fixed a problem with authors without any name, with only organization 
    information present.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  15 Sep 2019 20:16:05 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.28.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 06:23:32 +0200

On 15.09.2019 22:23, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> ...
> ...

Interesting. Have you ever seen multiple <workgroup> elements in the wild?

I opened
<https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/99>,
proposing to tighten the grammar instead.

Best regards, Julian