Subject: AgentX Implementation Report

From: "Nancy Fink" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 11:12:14 -0400

AgentX Implementation Report

Report date:          ___May 8, 2001____________________________________

Submitted by:          ____Nancy Fink____________________________________

Organization:         ___COMTEK Services, Inc.__________________________

E-mail address:       [email-masked]

Implementation name:  __NMServer for OpenVMS____________________________
Implementation type:  ___ Master and/or _x_ Sub-Agent and/or ___ Toolkit
Runtime platform(s):  __OpenVMS VAX or Alpha____________________________
Reported version id:  __3.4_____________________________________________
If Master Agent, did you implement:
SNMPv1 support in master agent:   ___ Yes  ___ No
Comments:
SNMPv2c support in master agent:  ___ Yes  ___ No
Comments:
SNMPv3 support in master agent:   ___ Yes  ___ No
Comments:
If Sub-Agent, what MIB(s) did you implement:
COMTEK-DEFINITIONS-MIB
COMTEK-SUBAGENT-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-SYSMGR-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-SYSMGR-TRAP-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-TRPMGR-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-TRPMGR-TRAP-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-CONSOLE-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-CONSOLE-TRAP-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-VMS-MONITOR-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-MONITOR-SUBAGENT-MIB
COMTEK-VMS-NM-OPCOM-MIB
Comments:
NMServer is a set of system management subagents for OpenVMS.  Electronic
copies of implemented MIBs are available at
http://www.comtekservices.com/vms_downloadintro.htm.  All MIBs implemented
are private MIBs, no standard MIBs were implemented.  There were a total of
5 subagents implemented, with each subagent registering more than one MIB.
(Please identify each specific MIB.)
If Toolkit, please identify:
Development languages supported:
Comments:
Development platforms supported:
Comments:
Runtime platforms supported:   OpenVMS v5.5+ VAX or Alpha
Comments:
For all implementations:  Did you implement the following PDU types:
Note:  Subagents were developed using the subagent toolkit from a TCP/IP
vendor, therefore the actual PDUs are not visible to the subagents.
agentx-Open-PDU:             _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Close-PDU:            _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Register-PDU:         _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Unregister-PDU:       ___ Yes  _x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Get-PDU:              _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-GetNext-PDU:          _x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-GetBulk-PDU:          ___ Yes  _x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-TestSet-PDU:          _x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Commit-PDU:           _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Set-PDU:              ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-UndoSet-PDU:          _x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-CleanupSet-PDU:       _x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Notify-PDU:           _x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Ping-PDU:             _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-IndexAllocate-PDU:    ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-IndexDeallocate-PDU:  ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-AddAgentCaps-PDU:     ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-RemoveAgentCaps-PDU:  ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
agentx-Response-PDU:         _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
Comments:
Does this implementation have interoperability experience with at least one
other independent implementation with respect to:
Registration operations:         _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___
months
Comments:
Registration priorities:         ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to within ___
months
Comments:
Index allocation operations:     ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to within ___
months
Comments:
Index deallocation operations:   ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to within ___
months
Comments:
Multiple sub-agent connections:  ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___
months
Comments:
Connecting sub-agent(s) to multiple master agents:  ___ Yes  ___ No, but
plan to within ___ months
Comments:
Detecting loss of connection of sub-agent(s):       ___ Yes  ___ No, but
plan to within ___ months
Comments:
Detecting loss of connection with master agent(s):  _x_ Yes  ___ No, but
plan to within ___ months
Comments:
What transport mappings did you implement:
TCP/IP on port 705:                           _x_ Yes  ___ No, but plan to
within ___ months
Comments:
UNIX Domain Sockets on "/var/agentx/master":  ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan to
within ___ months
Comments:
UNIX Domain Sockets on other endpoints:       ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan to
within ___ months
Comments:
Other(s):                                     ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan to
within ___ months
Comments:
(Please indicate at least type(s) and connection specifics.)
Did you implement the AgentX MIB (RFC2742):   ___ Yes  _x_ No, but plan to
within ___ months
Comments:
Did you satisfy the agentxMIBCompliance
MODULE-COMPLIANCE requirements::   ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___
months Comments:
Did you implement the MIB as an integral part of the master agent:  ___ Yes
___ No
Comments:
Did you implement the MIB in an AgentX sub-agent:                   ___ Yes
___ No
Comments:
Please record any other comments or notes you deem useful for the record:
Comments:  This may not be a true AgentX subagent implementation because the
subagents use a subagent toolkit that insulates them from the particulars of
the protocol. The subagent toolkit that was used to build these subagents
comes with Compaq's TCP/IP Services v5.1 for OpenVMS.
These subagents operate with the following AgentX master agents: TCP/IP
Services v5.1 (Compaq), MultiNet v4.3 (Process Software) and TCPware v5.5
(Process Software).  These subagents also coexist with Compaq's Insight
Management Agents and other subagents provided with the various TCP
products.
Because of their long history, these subagents may also be used with eSNMP
and DPI master agents (a DPI master agent is provided with the product).