Subject: Fwd: Re: AgentX implementation reports requested

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

I'm forwarding a non-subscriber post to the agentx working
group mailing list.  Subscription instructions are at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/agentx-charter.html

 -------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  2141 North First Street
 http://www.bmc.com/     San José, California 95131  USA
 -------------------------------------------------------
 My opinions and BMC's are independent variables.
 -------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 13:26:40 -0400 (EDT)
>From: [email-masked] (Sheldon Bishov, TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS, 978-506-5028)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: AgentX implementation reports requested
X-VMS-To: [email-masked]
X-VMS-Cc: BISHOV
X-VMS-True-From: [email-masked] (Sheldon Bishov, TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS, 978-506-5028)

 Report date:           06/01/01

 Submitted by:          Sheldon Bishov (based on Mike Daniele's submission
                        for Compaq Tru64 UNIX, from which OpenVMS version
                        was ported)

 Organization:          Compaq Computer Corporation

 E-mail address:        [email-masked]

 Implementation name:   Compaq TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS

 Implementation type:  _X__ Master and/or _X__ Sub-Agent and/or _X__ Toolkit

 Runtime platform(s):   OpenVMS V7.1 and later

 Reported version id:  

 If Master Agent, did you implement:

 SNMPv1 support in master agent:   _X__ Yes  ___ No
    Comments:

 SNMPv2c support in master agent:  _X__ Yes  ___ No
    Comments:

 SNMPv3 support in master agent:   ___ Yes  _X__ No
    Comments:

 If Sub-Agent, what MIB(s) did you implement:
        RFCs 1213, 1231, 1285, 1514, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2358,
        1907, 2742, plus enterprise-specific MIBs (see comments).
    Comments: 
    1. Some restrictions on subagent implementations, detailed in 
       documentation and release notes
    2. Compaq Insight Manager/XE subagents have been implemented 
       by the OpenVMS System Management group.  These subagents use
       on the TCP/IP Services OpenVMS AgentX API.  See
       www.openvms.compaq.com/openvms/products/mgmt_agents/
       Also the StorageWorks Command Console uses subagents; see
       www.compaq.com/products/storageworks/Storage-Management-Software/
        command_console.html
       These implementation were built pre-AgentX (version using DPI),
       but because of the intermediate API provided by Tru64 UNIX port,
       upgrades are possible without rebuild of subagents in most cases.

 If Toolkit, please identify:

 Development languages supported:       C
    Comments:

 Development platforms supported:       OpenVMS
    Comments:

 Runtime platforms supported:           OpenVMS
    Comments:

 For all implementations:  Did you implement the following PDU types:
    
 agentx-Open-PDU:             _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within months

    Comments:

 agentx-Close-PDU:            _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within months
    Comments:

 agentx-Register-PDU:         _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within months
    Comments:

 agentx-Unregister-PDU:       _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within months
    Comments:

 agentx-Get-PDU:              _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within months
    Comments:

 agentx-GetNext-PDU:          _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within months
    Comments:

 agentx-GetBulk-PDU:          _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within months
    Comments:

 agentx-TestSet-PDU:          _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-Commit-PDU:           _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-Set-PDU:              _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-UndoSet-PDU:          _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-CleanupSet-PDU:       _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-Notify-PDU:           _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:                                                          

 agentx-Ping-PDU:             _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:                                                          

 agentx-IndexAllocate-PDU:    _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-IndexDeallocate-PDU:  _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-AddAgentCaps-PDU:     _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-RemoveAgentCaps-PDU:  _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 agentx-Response-PDU:         _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Does this implementation have interoperability experience with at least one
 other independent implementation with respect to:

 Registration operations:         _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Registration priorities:         _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Index allocation operations:     ___ Yes  _X__ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Index deallocation operations:   ___ Yes  _X__ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Multiple sub-agent connections:  _X__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Connecting sub-agent(s) to multiple master agents:  ___ Yes  _X__ No,
    but plan to within ___ months

 Detecting loss of connection of sub-agent(s):       _X__ Yes  ___ No,
    but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Detecting loss of connection with master agent(s):  _X__ Yes  ___ No,
    but plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 What transport mappings did you implement:

 TCP/IP on port 705:                           _X__ Yes  ___ No, but
    plan to within ___ months
    Comments: TCP on port 705 used as substitute for UNIX domain sockets;
              see next item.

 UNIX Domain Sockets on "/var/agentx/master":  ____ Yes  _X_ No, but
    plan to within ___ months
    Comments: UNIX domain sockets not implemented as yet in TCP/IP Services
    for OpenVMS.

 UNIX Domain Sockets on other endpoints:       ___ Yes  _X__ No, but
    plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Other(s):                                     ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan
    to within ___ months
    Comments:
    (Please indicate at least type(s) and connection specifics.)

 Did you implement the AgentX MIB (RFC2742):   _X__ Yes  ___ No, but
    plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Did you satisfy the agentxMIBCompliance
            MODULE-COMPLIANCE requirements::   _X__ Yes  ___ No, but
    plan to within ___ months
    Comments:

 Did you implement the MIB as an integral part of the master agent: 
    _X__ Yes ___ No
    Comments: Certain variables part of master agent.  

 Did you implement the MIB in an AgentX sub-agent: _X__ Yes ___ No
    Comments:

Please record any other comments or notes you deem useful for the
record:
    
Comments:   
Also see entries from Comtek Services and Process Software, with whom there
has been some cooperative work.