Subject: AgentX implementation reports tally

From: "Natale, Robert C (Bob)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 02:13:17 -0400

Hi everyone,

At long last, the attached text file contains the overall
synopsis of the implementation reports (13) that have been
submitted to date.  No additional submissions are anticipated
at this time.

The only "editorial" comment I will make at this time is
that among those submitters who included explanatory
comments on one or more of the items, the vast majority
(nearly all) conveyed a sense of conservatism in making
claims about the subject implementations.  Coupling that
with the actual reported results -- which exceed my
expectations in terms of both the number of implementations
and the degree of completeness of those implementations --
I believe there is a strong prima facie case for advancement
of both AgentX RFCs (2741 and 2742) to Draft Standard status.

However, the purpose of sending the attached tally out to
the list at this time is to encourage more widespread
analysis and commentary on the list (preferably).  I will,
of course, incorporate such discussion into the recommendation
report to the IETF Secretariat, ADs, IESG.  In the interest
of trying to keep to our original target date (my bad, not
yours!), let's try to conclude this discussion by EOB 6/30/01.

[DaveK, please post a copy of the file on the website, if
possible.]

Cordially,

BobN
WG Chair