Subject: Status of AgentX ???

From: Chris Jobson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:27:11 +0100

Hi

I have just joined the list and was wondering what the status of this 
is.  The joining
mail points at

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/agentx-charter.html

but this page doesn't exist, so that doesn't look too promising ...

I am investigating using Java sub-agents working with a AgentX compliant 
master agent
(e,g, Net-SNMP), and don't want to start down this road to find that 
this is technology that
is not going anywhere.  (Not being an SNMP expert, the AgentX approach 
looks good,
but maybe there are alternatives elsewhere, especially if I need a Java 
solution).

Comments and pointers to useful references would be helpful.  Most of 
the stuff I have found
seems quite old.

Cheers

chris