Subject: AgentX Implementation Report from iReasoning Networks

From: ireasoning info <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:47:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi Bob,

Here is the AgentX Implementation Report from iReasoning Networks. Please review it and post it on
Agentx Working Group homepage. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Robin Lin
iReasoning Networks
http://www.ireasoning.com
Please return all reports to the WG Chair, [email-masked].

We would appreciate having the reports copied to the AgentX list as well 
([email-masked]).  If you do not copy the list (or otherwise 
submit a report to the list), the report will be used only for the 
purpose of producing the overall summary report.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

            AgentX implementation report from iReasoning Networks

Report date:          2002-12-09________________________________________

Submitted by:         Robin Lin_________________________________________

Organization:         iReasoning Networks__( http://www.ireasoning.com )

E-mail address:       [email-masked] 

Implementation name:  iReasoning SNMP Agent Builder_____________________

Implementation type:  x__ Master and/or x__ Sub-Agent and/or x__ Toolkit

Runtime platform(s):  Platform Independent______________________________

Reported version id:  3.0_______________________________________________

If Master Agent, did you implement:

SNMPv1 support in master agent:   x__ Yes  ___ No
   Comments:

SNMPv2c support in master agent:  x__ Yes  ___ No
   Comments:

SNMPv3 support in master agent:   x__ Yes  ___ No
   Comments:

If Sub-Agent, what MIB(s) did you implement:
   Comments: Developer can add MIBs they need through GUI program
   (Please identify each specific MIB.)

If Toolkit, please identify:

Development languages supported: Java
   Comments:

Development platforms supported: Platform Independent
   Comments:

Runtime platforms supported: Platform Independent
   Comments:

For all implementations:  Did you implement the following PDU types:

agentx-Open-PDU:             x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Close-PDU:            x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Register-PDU:         x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Unregister-PDU:       x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Get-PDU:              x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-GetNext-PDU:          x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-GetBulk-PDU:          x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-TestSet-PDU:          x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Commit-PDU:           x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Set-PDU:              x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-UndoSet-PDU:          x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-CleanupSet-PDU:       x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Notify-PDU:           x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Ping-PDU:             x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-IndexAllocate-PDU:    x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-IndexDeallocate-PDU:  x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-AddAgentCaps-PDU:     ___ Yes  x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-RemoveAgentCaps-PDU:  ___ Yes  x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

agentx-Response-PDU:         x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Does this implementation have interoperability experience with at least 
one other independent implementation with respect to:

Registration operations:         x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Registration priorities:         x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Index allocation operations:     x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Index deallocation operations:   x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Multiple sub-agent connections:  x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Connecting sub-agent(s) to multiple master agents:  x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Detecting loss of connection of sub-agent(s):       x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Detecting loss of connection with master agent(s):  x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

What transport mappings did you implement:

TCP/IP on port 705:                           x__ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

UNIX Domain Sockets on "/var/agentx/master":  ___ Yes  x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

UNIX Domain Sockets on other endpoints:       ___ Yes  x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Other(s):                                     ___ Yes  ___ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:
   (Please indicate at least type(s) and connection specifics.)

Did you implement the AgentX MIB (RFC2742):   ___ Yes  x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments: Developer can easily add AgentX MIB support through GUI program

Did you satisfy the agentxMIBCompliance
           MODULE-COMPLIANCE requirements::   ___ Yes  x__ No, but plan to within ___ months
   Comments:

Did you implement the MIB as an integral part of the master agent:  ___ Yes x__ No
   Comments:

Did you implement the MIB in an AgentX sub-agent:                   ___ Yes x__ No
   Comments:

Please record any other comments or notes you deem useful for the record:
   Comments: