Subject: [Agentx] snmpd service

From: Ingrid Coromoto Mora Guerrero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 21:03:36 -0400

Hi,
   First excuse me for my bad english.

   I'm trying to run a subagent without a master application; instead
I need doing this with the service snmpd. I edit the snmpd.conf file  
adding the line
		master	agentx
but can't establish conexion between my subagent and snmpd, I use the
705 port and execute the line of commando  snmpd -x localhots:705 for
start the service.

   thanks for any help,
                     Ingrid

---

From: "Scott McManus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:41:13 -0500

Hey Ingrid:
 
Sorry, but this is a forum for discussing AgentX in general. It does
not support net-snmp in particular. You might want to check
http://www.net-snmp.org for more information.
 
However, here is the README on net-snmp's AgentX implementation.
It sounds like you already read it:
http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/README.agentx.html <http://www.net-snmp.org/docs/README.agentx.html> 
 
For a standalone subagent, you may want to check the tutorial, which
has good examples that may help you with your problem. It sounds like
you want information on the standalone subagent:
http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial-5/toolkit/ <http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial-5/toolkit/>  
 
Good luck!
 
-Scott

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: [email-masked] on behalf of Ingrid Coromoto Mora Guerrero 
	Sent: Tue 12/13/2005 8:03 PM 
	To: [email-masked] 
	Cc: 
	Subject: [Agentx] snmpd service

	Hi,

	   thanks for any help,
	                     Ingrid