Subject: [Agentx] Fwd: RFC Errata Update for Working Group Chairs

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 16:33:14 -0800

Hi -

Updated information on RFC errata ....

Randy
===========================================

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Subject: RFC Errata Update for Working Group Chairs
To: [email-masked]
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

WG chairs,

We have made some updates to the RFC errata system and would like to
inform you of the new features and explain how these features may
impact your working group.

1) We'd like to bring your attention to the improved search for RFC
errata on http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata.php. You can search by WG
acronym and other information.

Please contact your Area Director if you find errata reports that need
correction.  For example, the Type (Editorial/Technical) may be
incorrect.  Area Directors can log in to verify errata in RFCs
produced by the IETF stream, so if you want to to recommend that a
report be Verified/Rejected/Held, then please let the relevant AD
know. (For the meanings of Status and Type for RFC errata, please see
http://www.rfc-editor.org/status_type_desc.html.)

2) Previously, the initial report message was sent to the authors of
the RFC and the relevant WG chairs and ADs when the RFC was a product
of a WG.  The IESG has suggested that the WG mailing list be CC'ed on
these messages, and we have implemented this feature.  For example,
[email-masked] would now be CC'ed on the message below.  The idea is to
notify the WG of the new report and potentially initiate a discussion
of the validity of the report among those who are familiar with the
content.  This will allow the verifier to update the erratum so that
its Status and Notes capture the conclusion of any discussion.

Please distribute this information to your working groups as you see
fit, and let us know if you have any comments or concerns.

Thank you.

RFC Editor