Subject: [conex] I-D Action: draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:35:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Congestion Exposure Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Congestion Exposure (ConEx) Concepts, Abstract Mechanism and Requirements
        Authors         : Matt Mathis
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-13.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2014-10-24

Abstract:
   This document describes an abstract mechanism by which senders inform
   the network about the congestion recently encountered by packets in
   the same flow.  Today, network elements at any layer may signal
   congestion to the receiver by dropping packets or by ECN markings,
   and the receiver passes this information back to the sender in
   transport-layer feedback.  The mechanism described here enables the
   sender to also relay this congestion information back into the
   network in-band at the IP layer, such that the total amount of
   congestion from all elements on the path is revealed to all IP
   elements along the path, where it could, for example, be used to
   provide input to traffic management.  This mechanism is called
   congestion exposure or ConEx.  The companion document "ConEx Concepts
   and Use Cases" provides the entry-point to the set of ConEx
   documentation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/