Subject: [conex] No progress on remaining documents -- about to close WG soon

From: Martin Stiemerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 23:37:37 +0200

Dear all,

Apparently, the CONEX WG did run out of steam, at least that is my 
impression when I do look at the progress of the remaining documents.

There is one document that is actually approved for publication by the 
IESG and awaits a revision to fix one issue brought up in the IESG review:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech/

This document is waiting for action for an embarrassing amount of time 
of **138 days** (as of 04/21).

These documents are still waiting for a shepherd write-up, since the 
last IETF meeting:
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-tcp-modifications/
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-mobile/
- https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-destopt/

There will be the following action, since the overall progress of the WG 
is extremely slow since, at least, summer 2014 and there is no 
measurable progress in the last month:

The CONEX WG will be closed by May 6th, if there is no progress on 
**all** documents. This is a hard deadline.

Progress means:
There are shepherd write-ups for the above three documents in the 
datatracker and an update of draft-ietf-conex-abstract-mech available in 
the datatracker.

All documents submitted to your AD and the one which is actually 
approved will be resetted to individual submissions at the time the 
CONEX WG is to be closed.

Regards,

   Martin Stiemerling (responsible Area Director for CONEX)