Subject: [conex] Document Action: 'IPv6 Destination Option for Congestion Exposure (ConEx)' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-conex-destopt-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 07:24:24 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IPv6 Destination Option for Congestion Exposure (ConEx)'
  (draft-ietf-conex-destopt-12.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Congestion Exposure Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-conex-destopt/

Technical Summary

This document specifies an IPv6 destination option that is capable of
carrying ConEx markings in IPv6 datagrams. The information that is
represented by such markings can be used by any element on the path
from a sender to a receiver, e.g., for traffic management or egress
policing. This mechanism is a key element to ConEX operations, and
therefore this document has been selected by the WG as one the
essential specifications for ConEX. The intended status in
EXPERIMENTAL (as for all ConEX specifications).

Working Group Summary

This document has seen 8 revision and was serval times presented in
the working group session. There has been no controversial discussion
about the document in the meetings or on the list.  The document has
received a detailed review by at least on of the experts in the
working group.

Document Quality

This document has seen 8 revision and was serval times presented in
the working group session. There has been no controversial discussion
about the document in the meetings or on the list.  The document has
received a detailed review by at least on of the experts in the
working group.

Personnel

   Dirk Kutscher is the document shepherd for this document.
   Martin Stiemerling ist the responsible Area Director.