Subject: Re: [core] #128: Re: #118: Block URI Transmission

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:06:26 -0000

#128: Re: [core] #118: Block URI Transmission

Changes (by cabo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix
  * component:  => block
  * severity:  => -

Comment:

 I think we are reliving the TeRI discussion here.
 There is no known way to compress the URIs away that doesn't also create
 unwanted state and increases the complexity of the protocol and the state
 machines needed for its implementation.
 We shouldn't spend energy on a 10 % optimization that isn't even
 addressing the most important use cases.

 (Please don't send E-Mail replies to the tracker right now -- it currently
 misfiles all replies to existing tickets into new tickets.)

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
  Reporter:  likepeng@…           |        Type:  defect
    Status:  closed               |    Priority:  major 
 Milestone:                       |   Component:  block 
   Version:                       |    Severity:  -     
Resolution:  wontfix              |    Keywords:        
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/128#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>