Subject: [core] #135: Reply to NON Request

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:06:31 -0000

#135: Reply to NON Request

 From the Prague WG coap-05 presentation:

 coap-05 was identified to overlook the case of what happens when a NON
 request is made. This ticket is to explain in coap-06 that although a NON
 is not ACKed, the response is still sent in a separate message exchange
 just as in a normal response.

 It was pointed out that for multicast requests, a "If-Success" option of
 some kind would use useful to avoid unnecessary error responses. It was
 recommended that the group communications draft explores this for the
 future.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  protocol defect     |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                    
Component:  coap                |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                    
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/135>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>