Subject: [core] #136: UTF-8 matching clarification

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:08:58 -0000

#136: UTF-8 matching clarification

 From the Prague WG coap-05 presentation:

 We specify the use of UTF-8 compatible URIs in Net-Unicode Form [RFC5198]
 for HTTP mapping compatibility. Comparing arbitrary UTF-8s in a
 constrained device would not be sane. The intention is that CoAP
 implementations simply do an opaque binary comparison of URIs
 This ticket is for Section 6.2 to make that more explicit.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…              |       Owner:  hartke@…      
     Type:  protocol defect     |      Status:  new           
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:                
Component:  coap                |     Version:                
 Severity:  -                   |    Keywords:                
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/136>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>