Subject: Re: [core] #114: Block Size Negotiation for Put/Post

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 09:28:47 -0000

#114: Block Size Negotiation for Put/Post

Comment(by likepeng@…):

 I notice one disadvantage with the block size nogotiation in Post/Put.
 Here is the use case: in the first block message, client sends a Put/Post
 request using block option with the suggested block size, and the first
 block data, server responds with a new reduced block size. Then the data
 sent in the first block message may be useless, or partially useless. In
 this case, does the server need to detruncate the first block data to the
 server determined block size?

 Kepeng Li

-- 
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  likepeng@…           |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                |   Milestone:     
Component:  block                |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document   |    Keywords:     
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/114#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:59:01 -0000

Changes (by cabo@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 Add a minimal solution for block size negotiation for PUT/POST in
 block-02 as a SHOULD.

-- 
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  likepeng@…           |        Owner:        
     Type:  protocol defect      |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                |    Milestone:        
Component:  block                |      Version:        
 Severity:  Active WG Document   |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                       |  
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/114#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 21:04:37 -0000

Comment(by cabo@…):

 Fixed in [221]:

 Fix #114.

Ticket URL: </ticket/114#comment:3>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>