Subject: [core] #138: DTLS Clarification

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:17:47 -0000

#138: DTLS Clarification

 From the Prague coap-05 presentation:

 Currently unclear if coap-05 is specifying IPSec or DTLS, and in what
 modes.

 This ticket is to clarify that DTLS is the must-implement security
 mechanism for CoAP.

 - SharedKey (PSK), MultiKey (PSK) and Certificate mode are related to DTLS

 - Pre-shared key mode is must implement

 - NoSec mode (thus no DTLS) may be used in combination with IPSec, L2
 encryption or cases where security really isn’t needed

 - IPSec section still needed, but to be moved and edited appropriately.

-- 
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  zach@…                |       Owner:  zach@…            
     Type:  protocol enhancement  |      Status:  new               
 Priority:  minor                 |   Milestone:                    
Component:  coap                  |     Version:                    
 Severity:  -                     |    Keywords:                    
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/138>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>