Subject: [core] FW: New Version Notification for draft-garcia-core-security-00

From: "Garcia Morchon, Oscar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:04:39 +0100

All,

We have submitted an Internet Draft with security considerations
in the context of the lifecycle of a device. We hope that this I-D
helps to improve the system security.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-garcia-core-security-00

Regards,

        Oscar.

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday 7 March 2011 22:55
To: Garcia Morchon, Oscar
Cc: Keoh, Sye Loong; Kumar, Sandeep; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-garcia-core-security-00

A new version of I-D, draft-garcia-core-security-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Oscar Garcia-Morchon and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-garcia-core-security
Revision:        00
Title:           Security Considerations in the IP-based Internet of Things
Creation_date:   2011-03-07
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 25

Abstract:
A direct interpretation of the Internet of Things concept refers to
the usage of standard Internet protocols to allow for human-to-thing
or thing-to-thing communication.  Although the security needs are
well-recognized, it is still not fully clear how existing IP-based
security protocols can be applied to this new setting.  This
Internet-Draft first provides an overview of security architecture,
its deployment model and general security needs in the context of the
lifecycle of a thing.  Then, it presents challenges and requirements
for the successful roll-out of new applications and usage of standard
IP-based security protocols when applied to get a functional Internet
of Things.

The IETF Secretariat.

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.