Subject: [core] #130: [Block] 4.08 Response Code

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 05:24:19 -0000

#130: [Block] 4.08 Response Code

 I am not sure about the mapping of HTTP response code 408 with CoAP
 response code 4.08. In HTTP, 408 means "Request Timeout". In CoAP Block,
 4.08 means "Request Entity Incomplete". From the text below, it seems that
 CoAP 4.08 should also be changed to "Request Timeout", instead of "Request
 Entity Incomplete".

 1. Cited from section 3.1: any HTTP 408 status code that indicates that
 the HTTP server became impatient with the resulting transfer can then be
 mapped into a CoAP 4.08 response code.
 2. Cited from section 3.1: If the HTTP client is too slow delivering a
 request body on a PUT or POST, the CoAP server might time out and return a
 4.08 response code, which in turn maps well to an HTTP 408 status code.
 3. Cited from section 4: 4.08 Request Entity Incomplete.

 Kepeng Li

-- 
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  likepeng@…           |       Owner:     
     Type:  protocol defect      |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                |   Milestone:     
Component:  block                |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                    |    Keywords:     
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://svn.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/130>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>