Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 04:34:32 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2013-09-27

Abstract:
   CoAP is a specialized web transfer protocol for constrained devices
   and constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:40:11 -0400

Hi All,

We have just submitted Groupcomm-15.  This version closes the remainder
of Carsten's review comments on the draft.  Thank you, Carsten, for the
excellent and thorough review!

Akbar and Esko

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The specific updates in this version were:

   Changes from ietf-14 to ietf-15:

   o  In section 2.2, provided guidance on how implementers should parse
      URIs for group communication (#339).

   o  In section 2.6.2.1, specified that for group membership
      configuration interface the "ip" (i.e. "a" parameter) key/value is
      not required when it is unknown (#338).

   o  In section 2.6.2.1, specified that for group membership
      configuration interface the port configuration be defaulted to
      standard CoAP port 5683, and if not default then should follow
      standard notation (#340).

   o  In section 2.6.2.1, specified that notation of IP address in group
      membership configuration interface should follow standard notation
      (#342).
   o  In section 6.2, "coap-group+json" Media Type encoding simplified
      to just support UTF-8 (and not UTF-16 and UTF-32) (#344).

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readability.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 7:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core