Subject: [core] #339: Rephrase incorrect "group URI used in a CoAP request"

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 08:49:22 -0000

#339: Rephrase incorrect "group URI used in a CoAP request"

 Section 3.2 states "To initiate CoAP group communication, a Group URI is
 used as the request URI in a CoAP request."
 This is incorrect, as the request URI is not included in a CoAP request.

 Proposal to rephrase; as an advice to CoAP implementers - for CoAP
 implementations that accept a CoAP URI as input in the API that is used to
 generate requests, we recommend to use the section 6.4 (CoAP-18) parsing
 method, in such way that for CoAP group URIs a CoAP multicast request is
 generated.

 This would allow users of a CoAP implementation to provide a CoAP group
 URI as input and know that a multicast request would be created.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  defect                 |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/339>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:57:29 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in groupcomm-15
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/339#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>