Subject: [core] #343: Filtering discussion 6LBR in sect. 4.3 assumes wrong forwarding model

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:42:44 -0000

#343: Filtering discussion 6LBR in sect. 4.3 assumes wrong forwarding model

 Section 4.3 (of groupcomm-13) discusses filtering in 6LoWPAN Border
 Routers. The current text gives the impression that the 6LBR acts like an
 L2 switch by default, forwarding all multicast traffic onto the 6LoWPAN
 subnet. This is not the case, it should rather forward multicast traffic
 that recipients on the 6LoWPAN subnet have interest in (want to listen
 to).

 Proposal: clarify and rewrite using the assumption that by default
 multicast traffic is not routed onto the 6LoWPAN subnet. Explain those
 cases in which this leads to problems (e.g. if MLD is not implemented on
 6LoWPAN nodes, no multicast traffic will ever be forwarded onto the
 6LoWPAN subnet.)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  groupcomm    |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/343>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:52:23 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Closed by the editorial rewrite of Section 4 in groupcomm-14.
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-14#section-4

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  editorial    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  groupcomm    |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/343#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>