Subject: [core] #344: coap-group+json Media Type encoding can be simplified to UTF-8

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:49:01 -0000

#344: coap-group+json Media Type encoding can be simplified to UTF-8

 Section 6.2 (groupcomm-14) describes the support for UTF-8, UTF-16 and
 UTF-32 support.
 However, for resource constrained implementations it is expected that only
 UTF-8 would be used. Thus supporting multiple encodings introduces
 needless complexity or potential interoperability issues.

 Proposal: only support UTF-8, 8bit compatible [RFC6839] JSON encoding.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/344>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:58:14 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in groupcomm-15
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/344#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>