Subject: [core] #342: Specify notation of IPv6 address in group membership configuration interface

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:36:47 -0000

#342: Specify notation of IPv6 address in group membership configuration
interface

 Currently (groupcomm-14), the format for the IPv6 address in the "a"
 values in section 2.6.2 is not clearly defined. This may lead to
 differences in implementation and mutual incompatibility.

 Proposal: define the string format for the "a" value exactly.

 One solution is to adopt the notation of RFC 5952 (recommended IPv6
 Address Text Representation), e.g. [ff15::42:f7fe:ed37:ca]:8081

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  defect                 |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/342>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 19:23:13 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 In line with the rest of the I-D, IPv4 should also be supported besides
 IPv6.

 Proposal is to add text like the following:
 “... contains an IPv6 address or an IPv4 address in dotted decimal
 notation. The following ABNF rule can be used for parsing the address,
 referring to the definitions in Section 6 of [core-coap] and [RFC3986]:

 group-address = IPv4address [ “:” port ]
                 / IPv6address
                 / “[“ IPv6address “]” [“:” port ]
 “

 Then there's also no need to mention RFC 5952 about textual representation
 of IPv6. Also this would solve ticket #340 due to inclusion of port
 number.

Component:  groupcomm    |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/342#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:57:59 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Done in groupcomm-15
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-15

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/342#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>