Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:57:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
	Author(s)       : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-14.txt
	Pages           : 39
	Date            : 2013-09-23

Abstract:
   CoAP is a specialized web transfer protocol for constrained devices
   and constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-14

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-14

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 12:03:05 -0400

Hi,

We have updated the Groupcomm I-D to address the final 2 editorial
comments from Carsten, and also have tackled one of his technical
comments.  In summary:

   Changes from ietf-13 to ietf-14:

   o  Update to address final editorial comments from the Chair's review
      (by Carsten Bormann) of the draft.  This included restructuring of
      Section 2.6 (Configuring Group Memberships) and Section 4
      (Deployment Guidelines) to make it easier to read.  Also various
      other editorial changes.

   o  Changed "ip" field to "a" in Section 2.6 (#337)

We plan to address the remaining 5 technical comments from Carsten (via
Tickets) in the coming days.  All comment are welcome.

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-14.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 10:59:32 -0400

Hi All,

Esko has just generated the tickets that arose out of the technical
comments from Carsten's review.  These are:

*	#344: coap-group+json Media Type encoding can be simplified to
UTF-8
*	#342: Specify notation of IPv6 address in group membership
configuration interface
*	#340: Support for configuration of port in group membership
configuration
*	#339: Rephrase incorrect "group URI used in a CoAP request"
*	#338: Do not include the "ip" key/value when its value is
unknown

Please write back if you have any feedback to the proposed solutions
that were included in the ticket description.  We are aiming to close
the tickets by this Friday (Sept. 27) and generate groupcomm-15 after
that.

Thanks,

Akbar and Esko

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Rahman, Akbar
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 12:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-14.txt

Hi,

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko

-----Original Message-----

Abstract: