Subject: [core] Meeting summary CoRE IETF88 (part 1)

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:56:57 -0800

CoRE met for its first slot on Monday, 2013-11-04.
Work is proceeding on the standards-track draft-ietf-core-observe and
draft-ietf-core-block, as well as the informational
draft-ietf-core-groupcomm and draft-ietf-core-http-mapping, with
specific points raised to be handlded by the editors.  We expect to
submit -observe to the IESG this month, with -block on its heels.
Work on draft-ietf-core-resource-directory is resuming, with some
charter updating required.  The new proposal
draft-tcs-coap-no-response-option-04 received favorable reception and
further work required before adoption was identified, in particular
with respect to exploring the duality with -observe.

CoRE will meet again on Thursday, 2013-11-07, 15:20–17:20.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 12:27:52 -0800

> with respect to exploring the duality with -observe.

The second meeting of CoRE on Thursday, 2013-11-07, mostly focused on
the subject of authorization.  Based on reports given from a number of
ad-hoc meetings that started on Sunday, as well as some impromptu
input, a set of five areas of desirable deliverables was identified.
CoRE is currently chartered at most for one of those, so charter
updates will be required (these can be combined with the outstanding
update for resource-directory); details need to be worked out after
the meeting, and work on understanding the technical approaches needs
to continue.  One area that may not fit into the CoRE WG is the
authenticated multi-party transfer of authorization information; a
home for this (most likely in the security area) may need to be found
once it is better understood.  We quickly looked at OMA (LWM2M) and
ETSI plugtest activities based on CoAP, and continued the discussion
on the format of the URIs to be used for alternative transports.  We
ran out of time before coming to sleepy nodes and the transfer of
management information.

Grüße, Carsten