Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 17:55:39 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Group Communication for CoAP
        Authors         : Akbar Rahman
                          Esko Dijk
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-18.txt
	Pages           : 48
	Date            : 2013-12-22

Abstract:
   CoAP is a specialized web transfer protocol for constrained devices
   and constrained networks.  It is anticipated that constrained devices
   will often naturally operate in groups (e.g., in a building
   automation scenario all lights in a given room may need to be
   switched on/off as a group).  This document provides guidance for how
   the CoAP protocol should be used in a group communication context.
   An approach for using CoAP on top of IP multicast is detailed.  Also,
   various use cases and corresponding protocol flows are provided to
   illustrate important concepts.  Finally, guidance is provided for
   deployment in various network topologies.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Rahman, Akbar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:40:19 -0500

Hi Carsten,

We have updated the Groupcomm draft to address all the WGLC issues
raised by Thomas Fossati and Gengyu Wei (that we agreed were within the
scope of the current document).  The details of the exact changes are
listed below.

Please tell us if you want us to make any further updates.

Best Regards,

Akbar & Esko

----------------------------------------------------------

  Changes from ietf-17 to ietf-18:

   o  Extensive editorial updates based on WGLC comments by Thomas
      Fossati and Gengyu Wei.

   o  Addressed ticket #361: Added text for single membership PUT
      section 2.7.2.7 (Updating a single group membership (PUT)).

   o  Addressed ticket #360: Added text for server duties upon all-at-
      once PUT section 2.7.2.6 (Creating/updating all group memberships
      at once (PUT)).

   o  Addressed ticket #359: Fixed requirements text for Section 2.7.2.2
      (Creating a new multicast group membership (POST)).

   o  Addressed ticket #358: Fixed requirements text for Section 2.7.2.1
      (CoAP-Group Resource Type and Media Type).

   o  Addressed ticket #357: Added that "IPv6 addresses of other scopes
      MAY be enabled" in section 2.2 (Group Definition and Naming).

   o  Various editorial updates for improved readability.

-----Original Message-----
From: core [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2013 8:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-groupcomm-18.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments
Working Group of the IETF.

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core