Subject: [core] #359: Fix requirements text for Section 2.7.2.2.

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:01:09 -0000

#359: Fix requirements text for Section 2.7.2.2.

 Based on WGLC review Thomas Fossati:
 >Section 2.7.2.2
 >
 >- I'd add a note about the need for the Group index to be unique
 >- what happens when a client tries to register a duplicate "a"?
 >- last para: add context/rationale for the re-join requirement on POST
 >of an already registered

 [AKBAR] OK, WE CAN ADD A SENTENCE SAYING A GENERATED GROUP INDEX "MUST" BE
 LOCALLY UNIQUE.  WE COULD ADD THAT A CLIENT "MUST NOT" REGISTER A
 DUPLICATE "a" IN A SINGLE PUT OR POST REQUEST.  THE "MUST re-join" WAS
 STATED FOR DIAGNOSTICS/DEBUGGING PURPOSES.  IF MULTICAST RECEPTION FOR
 SOME REASON DOES NOT WORK ON THE NODE, USING THIS GROUP API, A REJOIN OF
 THE MULTICAST GROUP COULD BE FORCED.  HOWEVER FOR INTEROPERABILITY THIS IS
 NOT STRICTLY NEEDED; AS THE CLIENT COULD SIMPLY SEND A COMMAND TO
 UNREGISTER THE GROUP AND SUBSEQUENTLY SEND A COMMAND TO JOIN THAT GROUP,
 EFFECTING THE SAME RESULT.  SO WE COULD DROP THE "MUST" AND LEAVE THE
 EXACT BEHAVIOR UP TO THE IMPLEMENTER.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  defect                 |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/359>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>