Subject: [core] #360: Add text for server duties upon all-at-once PUT section 2.7.2.6

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:19:33 -0000

#360: Add text for server duties upon all-at-once PUT section 2.7.2.6

 Based on WGLC review Thomas Fossati;
 >- would be nice to have text that describes the actions that are to be
 >done by the server on successful update

 Proposal to add:

 After a successful PUT on the Group configuration resource, the endpoint
 MUST effect registration to any new IP multicast group(s) and de-
 registration from any previous IP multicast group(s), i.e. not anymore
 present in the new memberships, as soon as possible. Also it MUST take
 into account the group indices present in the new resource during the
 generation of any new unique group indices in the future.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/360>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>