Subject: [core] #361: Add text for single membership PUT section 2.7.2.7.

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 21:32:04 -0000

#361: Add text for single membership PUT section 2.7.2.7.

 Based on WGLC review Thomas Fossati;

 >Section 2.7.2.7
 >
 >- first para: it's not clear what makes a CoAP client responsibile for
 >the group membership objects
 >- would be nice to have text that describes the actions that are to be
 >done by the server on successful update
 [AKBAR] OK.  THE RESPONSIBILITY CAN BE BASED ON APPLICATION-LEVEL
 KNOWLEDGE, E.G. A COMISSIONING TOOL (CT) ALWAYS ASSUMES IT IS RESPONSIBLE
 FOR ANY GROUP MEMBERSHIP OBJECTS THAT THE CT IS USED ON BY THE HUMAN
 OPERATOR.  BY DEFAULT, A COAP CLIENT IS ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GROPU
 MEMBERSHIP OBJECTS THAT IT CREATED (USING POST OR PUT).
 TEXT ABOUT THE ACTIONS WILL BE ADDED.

 Proposal: to add

 "
 A (unicast) PUT with a group membership JSON object will replace an
 existing group membership
 in the endpoint with the new one defined in the PUT request. This can be
 used to update the
 group membership.

 After a successful PUT on the Group configuration resource, the endpoint
 MUST effect registration to any new IP multicast group(s) and de-
 registration from any previous IP multicast group(s), i.e. not anymore
 present in the new membership, as soon as possible.
 "

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  groupcomm    |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/361>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>