Subject: [core] #367 (block): Reaction for Content-Format mismatch

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 18:52:28 -0000

#367: Reaction for Content-Format mismatch

 The Content-Format option applies to the body, not to the payload.
 What if the Content-Format of a block is different from the rest?

 Even if non-atomic transfers are allowed, a different Content-Format
 cannot be patched into a representation body. A server should (aiming for
 a MUST) not process such Block1 requests and return an error, e.g., 4.08
 Request Entity Incomplete. For Block2, it should be up to the client to
 interpret non-atomic blocks correctly.

 Atomic transfers should (aiming for a MUST) be aborted when the Content-
 Format changes during the transfer. This might apply to more options.
 Servers probably should return the same error as for the non-atomic case.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]   |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  defect                 |  Milestone:
 Priority:  minor        |    Version:  block-14
Component:  block        |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/367>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>