Subject: [core] resource directory

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:14:12 +0100

Hi Zach,

thanks for all the work on this document. I quite like it.

In the abstract you don't mention the size of the network as driving 
force behind the RD. For small networks one might very well envisage 
that a node queries /.well-known/core on all other nodes on the network, 
either by using multicast or multiple unicasts. For larger networks the 
RD is a must to reduce network load and and response times.

Section 5.2, template variable "et" is introduced. Although I understand 
the syntax, I have no idea about its use. Text the size of section 8.1 
introducing the "ins" attribute may well be needed.

Section 5.3 just before the example at the end, I suggest a different 
text:
The following example shows an endpoint updating a set of resources. The 
POST sets the IP address to the IP address of the sending node, and 
resets the timeout. (my misrepresentation may show where more text is 
needed in the I-D)
By the way the 3rd line in the work of art exceeds a boundary.

You asked the wg to contribute examples to section 12. I am quite 
willing to contribute with a lighting example. I can produce about 1 
page with motivation and context. Is that what you meant?
In my opinion the document contains enough examples to understand the 
specification, and a simple lighting group example is redundant.

Greetings,

peter

-- 
Peter van der Stok
mailto: [email-masked]
www: www.vanderstok.org