Subject: Re: [core] #376 (http-mapping): CoAP 4.05 response can't be translated to HTTP 405 by HC proxy

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 22:55:45 -0000

#376: CoAP 4.05 response can't be translated to HTTP 405 by HC proxy

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Upon closer look, it is possible to map CoAP 4.05 to HTTP 405. The HC
 proxy must add the required 'Allow' header field with simply an empty
 field value.

 Proposed text is:

 HTTP code 405 (Method Not Allowed) MUST include an "Allow" response-header
 field
 (Section 7.4.1 of [RFC7231]). However, a CoAP response does not include
 information
 which methods are allowed on the resource. Therefore, if the proxy does
 not have
 further information about which methods are allowed on the resource it
 SHOULD include
 an empty field value in the Allow header field. The intended
 interpretation of an empty Allow
 in this case is "resource temporarily allows no methods" which complies
 fully to [RFC7231].

 Due to the word "temporarily" the HTTP client is free to retry the request
 at any later time using another method.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  new
  defect                 |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/376#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>