Subject: Re: [core] #378 (http-mapping): Include ref to automatic media type mapping update mechanism

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 14:50:27 -0000

#378: Include ref to automatic media type mapping update mechanism

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Reference text will be inserted but not with a link to a new I-D. (There
 is none yet.)

 Proposed text:
  Finally, in the future, it would be useful to have an automatic
  method to auto-assign CoAP content format numbers to any new HTTP
  media type registry (and vice-versa).  Then, for example, if an HC
  proxy encounters a (new) unknown HTTP content format, it could simply
  query via a web API to find the matching CoAP content format.  No
  such mechanism exists today but it would be a worthwhile topic to
  investigate in the future.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  new
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  minor        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/378#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>