Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08.txt

From: Bill Silverajan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 23:27:03 +0300

Dear CoRE WG,

A new version of our draft on CoAP Communication with Alternative 
Transports was uploaded a few days ago. The biggest change has been to 
take into account comments from reviewers, while waiting for WG adoption.

Regards,
Bill

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08.txt
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:09:10 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Bilhanan Silverajan <[email-masked]>, Teemu Savolainen 
<[email-masked]>, Teemu Savolainen 
<[email-masked]>, Bill Silverajan <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, 
draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08.txt
has been successfully submitted by Bilhanan Silverajan and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports
Revision:	08
Title:		CoAP Communication with Alternative Transports
Document date:	2015-06-20
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		18
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-silverajan-core-coap-alternative-transports-08

Abstract:
    CoAP has been standardised as an application level REST-based
    protocol.  A single CoAP message is typically encapsulated and
    transmitted using UDP or DTLS as transports.  These transports are
    optimal solutions for CoAP use in IP-based constrained environments
    and nodes.  However compelling motivation exists for allowing CoAP to
    operate with other transports and protocols.  Examples are M2M
    communication in cellular networks using SMS, more suitable transport
    protocols for firewall/NAT traversal, end-to-end reliability and
    security such as TCP and TLS, or employing proxying and tunneling
    gateway techniques such as the WebSocket protocol.  This draft
    examines the requirements for conveying CoAP messages to end points
    over such alternative transports.  It also provides a new URI format
    for representing CoAP resources over alternative transports.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat