Subject: [core] #384 (http-mapping): Unclear how to discover CoAP resources from a HTTP client through a Proxy

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 08:12:18 -0000

#384: Unclear how to discover CoAP resources from a HTTP client through a Proxy

 Unclear how to discover CoAP resources from a HTTP client: there is no way
 currently to trigger a CoAP multicast discovery from a HTTP request. This
 may leave the reader wondering how to discover resources. A specific
 solution that we can give (informative) is use of a Resource Directory
 that has both HTTP and CoAP interfaces. This enables the HTTP client to
 discover CoAP resources that have been registered onto the RD.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  http-        |   Keywords:
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/384>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 08:25:45 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in -07; Section 5.4.1 describes briefly (informative) how to
 discover CoAP resources from an HTTP client.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-core-http-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |      Status:  closed
  enhancement            |   Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |     Version:
Component:  http-        |  Resolution:  fixed
  mapping                |
 Severity:  -            |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://xml.resource.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/384#comment:1>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>