Subject: [core] Endpoint name in draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-03

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 13:55:45 +0200

Hi all,

I looked at draft-ietf-core-resource-directory-03 (again) and noticed
that some terms are used inconsistently.

For example, in various places throughout the document the terms
'endpoint' and 'endpoint name' is used. These are two different concepts
but when I look at the definition then it turns out that it is defined
as follows:

      ep :=  Endpoint (mandatory).  The endpoint identifier or name of
         the registering node, unique within that domain.  The maximum
         length of this parameter is 63 bytes.

I would suggest to change the description to:

ep :=  Endpoint name (mandatory).  The endpoint name is an identifier
that MUST be unique within a domain.  The maximum length of this
parameter is 63 bytes.

It might also be worthwhile to mention that there is no assumed
structure of this endpoint name identifier (unlike the domain variable
that has a structure if is supposed to be mapped to the domain parameter
of DNS-SD).

Table 1 in the IANA consideration section talks about endpoint name
again, which is correct. However, in Section 7 on page 21 the term
'endpoint' is used instead of 'endpoint name' for the 'RD Lookup
Function Set'.

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 22:41:08 +0200

Thanks -- the current editor draft now more correctly separates the
concepts of endpoint and endpoint name.

Grüße, Carsten