Subject: [core] #385 (interfaces): Use POST in a Batch (sec.5.2) for more than just toggling

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 13:40:46 -0000

#385: Use POST in a Batch (sec.5.2) for more than just toggling

 Dear all, authors of core-interfaces,

 I was surprised reading in section 5.2 that a POST on a Batch resource
 would always be interpreted as a “toggle” action on all its sub-resources.
 Is this intended?
 Rather I would vote for a POST being translated to the same POST executed
 on all sub-resources that support it – which would for actuator resources
 translate into a toggle action. But for other resource types (which may be
 defined in the future, or may be standard-specific, etc.) the POST could
 take on a different meaning.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-core-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  protocol     |     Status:  new
  enhancement            |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:
Component:  interfaces   |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/385>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>