Subject: [core] OSCOAP version -03

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:06:25 +0000

Dear ACE, CORE and COSE fellows,

We have updated the draft on Object Security of CoAP: The main content is
the same as previous version but the draft has undergone a large
restructuring for (hopefully) improved reader experience, including some
simplifications. 

For example, the two CoAP options proposed in -02 are replaced with one
option called "Object-Security" indicating that a COSE message is included
to protect relevant parts of the CoAP message. We have also updated the
message size optimizations and calculations based on
draft-ietf-cose-msg-05.

CORE chairs: Could we have a time slot at the F2F to outline the updates
and also have a discussion about what CoAP features we want to protect
end-to-end?

COSE chairs: Could we have a time slot at the F2F for discussing the COSE
message format considerations in this draft?

Thanks,
Göran

On 2015-10-19 20:49, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-selander-ace-object-security-03.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Goeran Selander and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-selander-ace-object-security
>Revision:	03
>Title:		Object Security of CoAP (OSCOAP)
>Document date:	2015-10-19
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		42
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-selander-ace-object-security-03
>.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-selander-ace-object-security/
>Htmlized:       
>https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-selander-ace-object-security-03
>Diff:           
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-selander-ace-object-security-03
>
>Abstract:
>   This memo defines Object Security of CoAP (OSCOAP), a method for
>   protection of request and response message exchanges of the
>   Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) using data object security.
>   OSCOAP provides end-to-end encryption, integrity and replay
>   protection to CoAP payload, options and header fields, and a secure
>   binding between CoAP request and response messages.  The use of
>   OSCOAP is signaled with the Object-Security option, also defined in
>   this memo.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>