Subject: [core] FW: New Version Notification for draft-jennings-core-senml-02.txt

From: Ari Keränen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:29:27 +0000

Hi all,

This version of the SenML draft updates the syntax to match what was
discussed at the Prague meeting: array containing base object(s) and
measurement array(s), with possibility to update base objects with the
JSON merge patch syntax.

There is also bunch of smaller updates:
* numeric values for coordinates
* default version number to 2
* clarified Unit is optional
* fixed EXI example
* removed generating new symbols with UCUM prefix
* added CoAP content format registration

There are still some open issues:
* Is ASCII charset too strict requirement for data (should allow full
UTF-8)?
* Should we avoid nested arrays in SenML document and just have
alternating base and measurement objects in array?
* Should there be "base value" too in the base object?

I will start (tomorrow) separate threads about the open issues.

Cheers,
Ari

On 19/10/15 20:13, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-jennings-core-senml-02.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Ari Keranen and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-jennings-core-senml
>Revision:	02
>Title:		Media Types for Sensor Markup Language (SENML)
>Document date:	2015-10-19
>Group:		Individual Submission
>Pages:		27
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jennings-core-senml-02.txt
>Status:         
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jennings-core-senml/
>Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-core-senml-02
>Diff:           
>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jennings-core-senml-02
>
>Abstract:
>   This specification defines media types for representing simple sensor
>   measurements and device parameters in the Sensor Markup Language
>   (SenML).  Representations are defined in JavaScript Object Notation
>   (JSON), Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR), eXtensible
>   Markup Language (XML), and Efficient XML Interchange (EXI), which
>   share the common SenML data model.  A simple sensor, such as a
>   temperature sensor, could use this media type in protocols such as
>   HTTP or CoAP to transport the measurements of the sensor or to be
>   configured.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>