Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-core-patch-02.txt

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 10:46:45 +0200

A new version of I-D, draft-vanderstok-core-patch-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter van der Stok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Changes with respect to version 01 are:
- Outcome of discussion on error code 4.09
- Incusion of IPATCH, although I have not seen a clear consensus on de 
ML
- More text on Atomicity.

Name:		draft-vanderstok-core-patch
Revision:	02
Title:		Patch Method for Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
Document date:	2015-10-05
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vanderstok-core-patch-02.txt
Status:         
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-vanderstok-core-patch/
Htmlized:       
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-vanderstok-core-patch-02
Diff:           
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-vanderstok-core-patch-02

Abstract:
    The existing Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) PUT method only
    allows a complete replacement of a resource.  This does not permit
    applications to perform partial resource modifications.  In case of
    resources with larger or complex data, or in situations where a
    resource continuity is required, replacing a resource is not an
    option.  Several applications using CoAP will need to perform partial
    resource modifications.  This proposal adds new CoAP methods, PATCH
    and iPATCH, to modify an existing CoAP resource partially.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat