Subject: [core] Stephen Farrell's Block on charter-ietf-core-01-01: (with BLOCK)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 06:43:07 -0700

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-core-01-01: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-core/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"working with DICE" is not that good an idea perhaps, as DICE may
be about to close. How will that work be (well) done if DICE closes?
This should be easy to unblock assuming the answer is "yes, there
is a gap that needs to be addressed and we'll work with the security
area to figure out a way to handle that."

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:32:37 +0200

Clearly, that is the intention.

So how about:

OLD:
working with DICE on potentially addressing the security gap); this
NEW:
working with DICE and other appropriate fora of the Security Area on
potentially addressing the security gap); this

(DICE *would* be the right WG to discuss a potential DTLS over SMS, but,
yes, we'll follow what the Security Area wants to do here.)

OLD:
security in CoAP.  CoRE will work with the DICE working group on the
NEW:
security in CoAP.  CoRE will work with the DICE and TLS working groups
on the

(Assuming that the baton for any further DTLS 1.3 efficiency questions
is with the TLS WG.)

I don't think the third occurrence needs to change.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:38:00 +0100

That works and I've unblocked anyway.

If there is a work item that would make sense to keep DICE
open for, then I started a thread on the wg list where you
could respond about that. Or if we needed to spin up a new
wg for something, we could do that too.

S