Subject: [core] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-core-interfaces-04.txt

From: Michael Koster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 13:41:57 -0700

Hi,

This version is substantially updated from the earlier version, to focus
on the interface definitions that make up the bulk of the document.

There is a new Hypermedia Collection type that enables resources to be
organized in many different ways using RFC6690 web linking and link
embedding. This collection type extends the functionality of the link
list, batch, and linked batch collection types, and adds resource
grouping, dynamic creation of items, and link patching.

Some outstanding tickets are resolved, and some things are clarified and
updated.

Please review and comment.

Best regards,

Michael

On 10/19/15, 4:06 PM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-core-interfaces-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Michael Koster and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-ietf-core-interfaces
Revision:	04
Title:		Reusable Interface Definitions for Constrained RESTful
Environments
Document date:	2015-10-19
Group:		core
Pages:		36
URL:            
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-core-interfaces-04.txt
Status:        
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-interfaces/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-interfaces-04
Diff:          
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-interfaces-04

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of reusable REST resource design patterns
   suitable for use in constrained environments, based on IETF CoRE
   standards for information representation and information exchange.

   Interface types for Sensors, Actuators, Parameters, and resource
   Collections are defined using the "if" link attribute defined by CoRE
   Link Format [RFC6690].  Clients may use the "if" attribute to
   determine how to consume resources.

   Dynamic linking of state updates between resources, either on an
   endpoint or between endpoints, is defined with the concept of Link
   Bindings.  We also define conditional observation attributes that
   work with Link Bindings or with simple CoAP Observe [RFC7641].

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat