Subject: [core] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-bormann-core-cocoa-03.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 20:40:03 +0100

Dear CoRE WG list members,

Please note that we recently submitted a new version of the CoCoA Internet
Draft.

The main changes are:

  o   New section entitled 'Area of Applicability'.
  o   Terminology alignment with the terms used in RTO-related documents.
  o   New section on aggregate congestion control.

Feedback is very much welcome, specially on the aggregate congestion
control proposal.

Looking forward to discuss this in the list and/or in Yokohama!

Best regards,

Carles

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-bormann-core-cocoa-03.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Mon, October 19, 2015 7:20 pm
To:      "August Betzler" <[email-masked]>
         "Carsten Bormann" <[email-masked]>
         "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
         "Dr. Carsten Bormann" <[email-masked]>
         "Ilker Demirkol" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-bormann-core-cocoa-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carsten Bormann and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-bormann-core-cocoa
Revision:	03
Title:		CoAP Simple Congestion Control/Advanced
Document date:	2015-10-19
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		12
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-core-cocoa-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-core-cocoa/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-cocoa-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-core-cocoa-03

Abstract:
   The CoAP protocol needs to be implemented in such a way that it does
   not cause persistent congestion on the network it uses.  The CoRE
   CoAP specification defines basic behavior that exhibits low risk of
   congestion with minimal implementation requirements.  It also leaves
   room for combining the base specification with advanced congestion
   control mechanisms with higher performance.

   This specification defines some simple advanced CoRE Congestion
   Control mechanisms, Simple CoCoA.  In the present version -02, it is
   making use of input from simulations and experiments in real
   networks.  The specification might still benefit from simplifying it
   further.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat