Subject: [core] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-etch-04: (with COMMENT)

From: "Kathleen Moriarty" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 18:15:39 -0800

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-etch-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-etch/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the added text.  It doesn't exactly cover my discuss and the
attack mentioned, but I'll clear as the text is improved and gets closer
to what I think is needed.  If a patch is corrupted or maliciously
altered, there is no way to detect this and it can happen when stored (no
hash or signature validation is performed).  This is not explicitly
stated in the revised draft, although similar considerations are now
included.