Subject: [core] OSCOAP update

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 14:47:07 +0000

Dear all,

In the recent f2f meeting we decide to label
draft-ietf-core-object-security-00 an “implementation draft” to be used
for interop testing in the beginning of next year. We have recently made
an update on the Github (https://github.com/core-wg/oscoap) which contains
many editorial clarifications and a few changes to the actual
specification. One change is the harmonisation to TLS of the replay
protection mechanism. Another change is the introduction of further CBOR
structures to avoid bleeding between message fields. The actual changes in
terms of implementation are minor compared to -00.

We plan to release a version -01 this week (also considering the recent
comments from Jim) and would propose us to use -01 as the implementation
version instead of -00.

Anyone views on this?

Regards,
Göran

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 16:16:29 +0100

> comments from Jim) and would propose us to use -01 as the implementation

Sounds good to me.  Maybe we should even get in a few reviews of -01 before we label.

I think the best way to get these is for the chairs to issue a formal last call on -01 once its there (not a WGLC, but a last call before labeling).  This should be doable in a week, I think.

Grüße, Carsten