Subject: [core] draft-ietf-core-coap-pubsub-00

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 00:18:42 -0800

I have some questions on this draft.

1.  I do not understand the correct use of the Max-Age option during the
CREATE operation.  
     * Is a CREATE considered to be equivalent to a publish operation?
     * Is the first publish all that is needed or is this related to the
time since the last publish?
     * The last sentence in the first paragraph is really causing me
problems because it seems to imply that the time is both reset on "publish"
and has interesting properties as it only talks about create and not about
publishing in the tree.

2.  For CREATE - is the URI-Reference in the link value restricted in any
way or is the full set of values from RFC 6690 allowed?  Use of a full URI
would be bad news, however would "<mainTopic/subtopic>" be permitted.

3. For PUBLISH - if no content-type was specified on creation, can one be
specified at the time of publish or must it be absent?

4. For REMOVE - What is the correct behavior if a node with children is
removed?  Is this recursive or is it a failure?

5. For DISCOVER - Should the link relation rt="core.ps" be used only for the
root of the pubsub tree or for all nodes which allow a create to be done?

Jim