Subject: [core] I-D Action: draft-ietf-core-object-security-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:54:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Constrained RESTful Environments WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE)
        Authors         : Göran Selander
                          John Mattsson
                          Francesca Palombini
                          Ludwig Seitz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-core-object-security-08.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2018-01-22

Abstract:
   This document defines Object Security for Constrained RESTful
   Environments (OSCORE), a method for application-layer protection of
   the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), using CBOR Object
   Signing and Encryption (COSE).  OSCORE provides end-to-end protection
   between endpoints communicating using CoAP or CoAP-mappable HTTP.
   OSCORE is designed for constrained nodes and networks supporting a
   range of proxy operations, including translation between different
   transport protocols.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-object-security/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-object-security-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-core-object-security-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-core-object-security-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Göran Selander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 21:35:47 +0000

All,

We have generated an updated version of OSCORE considering the comments
obtained during and after WGLC. The main changes in the new version are:

- New figure 1 illustrating OSCORE in the CoAP stack
- Support for the No-response option and Signaling messages
- Test vectors 
- Updated security considerations
- New appendix on deployment examples
- Sections moved, in particular OSCORE compression

There were also a number of clarifications and editorials. The detailed
changes are easiest tracked on the CoRE WG Github.

Best regards
Göran

On 2018-01-22 21:54, "core on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>core mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core