Subject: [core] CoAP interop testing tool now available in F-Interop platform

From: Federico Sismondi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:13:29 +0200

Hello all,

We are pleased to announce that we have made available the CoAP 
interoperability testing tool in the F-Interop Platform (go.f-interop.eu)

For those who don't know, F-Interop allows to automatically manage and 
facilitate the interoperability testing process.

Some of the features provided by the tools are:
- traces visualization (raw packet data, protocol and fields 
dissections, etc)
- traces verification issuing (pass, fail, inconclusive) verdicts based 
on the test specification (see more below about the test specification)
- facilitate the remote testing process by creating tunnels between the 
two implementations participating in the interop tests
- host some CoAP reference implementations (for the time being CoAPthon 
and Californium clients and servers) which are ready to execute the 
interop test cases without human interaction

The process for setting up an interoperability session is pretty simple, 
it just requires an account creation and in a few clicks you are ready 
to start doing some interoperability testing. Note that there are no 
fees or costs for using the platform.

You can find a guided tour over the CoAP testing tool doc here:
http://doc.f-interop.eu/interop/#guided-tour-coap-test-suite

F-Interop Platform supports also the possibility to run interoperability 
tests between two remotely located users (please contact me if you are 
interested about this use case so I can explain how the session 
sharing/joining mechanism works).

The tool is based on the test specification (written by Carsten Bormann) 
which has been previously used during ETSI's plugtests.

The test specification and test cases currently implemented can be found 
here:
http://doc.f-interop.eu/testsuites/coap

For those interested, please send me an email in order to discuss if 
your implementation and desktop environment fit the needed requirements 
for running the tools.

Regards,
Federico

-- 
Federico Sismondi
Research Engineer
DIONYSOS Research team
INRIA/IRISA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique Research Centre