Subject: [core] comments on draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation -08

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 20:21:13 -0700

I did a fast scan over this document today and have the following questions.

1.  What is the difference between doing a resource lookup via at=coap+tcp:*
as oppose to tt=tcp ?  Should they return the same result?

2.  Is the RD supposed to reject registrations with tt= in them (as any of a
group, endpoint or link attribute)?

3.  Can I have an at on a group?  Is there more than one type of multicast
protocol that is, in theory, usable?  If yes, then would it ever be used for
resolution or just returned?

4.  It does not say it, but I assume that ol and at are orthogonal.  Thus a
query on example 6.2

GET: /rd/lookup?tt=tcp

Response:
<coap+tcp://server.example.com/sensors/temp>;ct=41;rt="temperature-f";if="se
nsor";anchor="coap+tcp://server.example.com",
<coap+tcp://server.example.com/sensors/door>;ct=41;rt="door";if="sensor";anc
hor="coap+tcp://server.example.com",
<coap+tcp://server.example.com/sensors/light>;if="sensor";
ol="http://[FDFD::123]:61616";
ol="coap://server2.example.com";anchor="coap+tcp://server.example.com"

Jim

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 13:15:07 -0700

One more question to go with this.

You current are giving the examples of tt=tcp.  However, this seems to be a
problem as one can have both coap+tcp and coaps+tcp as alternate transports.
This means that specifying tt=tcp would be ambigious.

Jim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: core <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Jim Schaad
> Sent: Friday, April 20, 2018 8:21 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [core] comments on
draft-silverajan-core-coap-protocol-negotiation
> -08
> 1.  What is the difference between doing a resource lookup via
> at=coap+tcp:* as oppose to tt=tcp ?  Should they return the same result?
> 
> 4.  It does not say it, but I assume that ol and at are orthogonal.  Thus
a query
> on example 6.2
> _______________________________________________
> core mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core