Subject: [core] early registration of content formats specifid in est-coaps

From: Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:11:16 +0200

Dear ACE co-chairs,

Given the advanced state of the implementation of est-coaps, it  is
requested that the content-formats specified in the draft are registered
early (before RFC state).
That permits to fill in the definite content-format codes in the
implementation code.

The required content-formats are specified in table 2 of section 9.1
(see below for a specimen)

Many thanks to Klaus Hartke for his active contribution and Carsten
Bormann for his support.

   +-------------------------+--------+-----+--------------------------+
   | Media type              | Encodi |  ID | Reference                |
   |                               | ng      |      |                   
              |
   +-------------------------+--------+-----+--------------------------+
   | application/pkcs7-mime; | -      | TBD | [RFC5751] [RFC7030]      |
   | smime-type=server-      |        |   1 |                          |
   | generated-key           |        |     |                          |
   | application/pkcs7-mime; | -      | TBD | [RFC5751]                |
   | smime-type=certs-only   |        |   2 |                          |
   | application/pkcs7-mime; | -      | TBD | [RFC5751] [RFC5273]      |
   | smime-type=CMC-request  |        |   3 |                          |
   | application/pkcs7-mime; | -      | TBD | [RFC5751] [RFC5273]      |
   | smime-type=CMC-response |        |   4 |                          |
   | application/pkcs8       | -      | TBD | [RFC5751] [RFC5958]      |
   |                         |        |   5 |                          |
   | application/csrattrs    | -      | TBD | [RFC7030] [RFC7231]      |
   |                         |        |   6 |                          |
   | application/pkcs10      | -      | TBD | [RFC5751] [RFC5967]      |
   |                         |        |   7 |                          |
   | application/multict     | -      | TBD | [I-D.fossati-core-multip |
   |                         |        |   8 | art-ct]                  |
   +-------------------------+--------+-----+--------------------------+

                     Table 2: New CoAP Content-Formats

-- 
Peter van der Stok
vanderstok consultancy
mailto: [email-masked]
www: www.vanderstok.org [1]
tel NL: +31(0)492474673     F: +33(0)966015248 

Links:
------
[1] http://www.vanderstok.org

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 15:44:59 +0200

>    | application/multict     | -      | TBD | [I-D.fossati-core-multip |

Hi Peter,

Didn’t we want to leave that to the draft that is under WG adoption call now in core?

(+1 for the rest; I just think it will be less confusing if the draft is updated with this.)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 16:30:23 +0200

Apologies, I did it again: writing something else than I intended.

Last line should be :
| application/multipart-core | -- |TBD8 |
[I-D.fossati-core-mulitpart-ct]|

will re-submit draft to-morrow.

Peter
Carsten Bormann schreef op 2018-06-21 15:44:

> Didn't we want to leave that to the draft that is under WG adoption call now in core?
>