Subject: [core] Renaming two Resource Directory parameters

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 19:44:09 +0200

Hello CoRE WG,

considering the feedback we got on the last Resource Directory draft, we
are about to rename two parameters that have been repeated cause of
confusion; while that's a moderate of a stir-up now, it should result in
a final document that is easier to understand:

* Context ("con") will become called the Base URI of a Registration
  ("base").

* The Domains ("d") in an RD will be called Sectors, and keep the
  parameter short name "d".

To the best of our knowledge, some of the existing deployments already
use "d", but "con" has not been used in a way that can not be changed
easily any more. If we are in error about that (or have other comments
on that topic), please let us know until Wednesday, so we can publish a
-14 version of the draft in due time.

Best regards
Christian
on behalf of the RD authors

-- 
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom