Subject: [core] Comments on draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm-oscore

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 16:57:22 -0800

I am having a huge problem understanding this document because I am
completely confused by the model that is being propagated here.  

This document has a model that every group is going to be on a different
resource.  It is not clear that this is the same model as is being used in
the ACE group communication document.   Probably one of these two documents
should provide a more explicit module of how things work if this is what is
going to be desired.  I was under the impression that a single join point
would be used for multiple groups at the same time.  This may be acceptable
with this document but if so then it is really not clear.

This document appears to be pointed at dealing with multicast groups, but
there does not seem to be any tie between multicast resources and join
request points.  The document should also deal with the same issue for
pub-sub servers as that is of interest as well.

This document appears to be missing the registration of the oscore-gp and
oscore-gid attributes.  I don't know but assume that there is (or should be)
a registry for these types of things.  Specifically do these items allow for
multiple values or are they single valued?  (I will assume that if they are
multiple valued they should appear as multiple items just to make life
easier.)

Jim