Subject: Re: [core] [Ace] ace-coap-est-08: using /skg with Accept Option set to TBD287

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 10:03:23 -0500

CORE people, the thread is here:
    https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ace/L1QPw1zHAj15nsKMe8AFDu6dcmI

Esko Dijk <[email-masked]> wrote:
    > Using a query is a good solution here; I would propose a query argument
    > as short as possible because we deal with constrained networks and we
    > want to avoid needless parsing in this case - the server only needs to
    > select between two format choices here, returning X.509 cert or PKCS#7
    > with cert.

Using a query really seems broken to me...

    > So to request PKCS#7 format , the default:
    > POST /est/skg

    > And to request X.509 format, the alternative that the server MAY support:
    > POST /est/skg?x

Why not just use:
    POST /est/skx

It's even shorter, and it's much more obvious if it is not supported.

--
Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-