Subject: [core] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-core-multipart-ct-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2019 01:03:51 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-multipart-ct-03: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-multipart-ct/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to the authors for their work. Short and clear document, I have
appreciated the example of CBOR encoding.

== comments ==

In section 2, I wonder the error in CBOR decoding: should it stop or completely
ignore all parts of the message? Is there any use case where decoding only part
of the messsage causes problem?

== nits ==

section 2, s/ specification: An/ specification: an/  ?

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 15:42:49 +0100

I think this is rather implementation specific. Many implementations 
would stop parsing on error, but many are unlikely to check the whole 
payload for validity at CBOR level.