Subject: [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-03.txt

From: Marco Tiloca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 10:18:59 +0200

Hello CoRE,

We have recently submitted an updated version of
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-03

The document describes how to use the CoRE Resource Directory for
discovering OSCORE groups and retrieving information to join them
through their Group Manager.

This update is mostly about:

1) A full step-by-step example using this approach and aligned with
practical installation procedures in group communication scenarios (see
Section 6).

2) Additional link target attributes for registered join resources, also
related to new parameters recently defined in ACE [1][2] concerning the
encoding of public keys, countersignature algorithms and associated
parameters used in the OSCORE group.

Comments are very welcome!

Best,
/Marco

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm-oscore-02
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-key-groupcomm-02

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for
draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-03.txt
Date: 	Fri, 5 Jul 2019 13:40:06 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Christian Amsuess <[email-masked]>, Marco Tiloca
<[email-masked]>, Peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Marco Tiloca and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Revision: 03
Title: Discovery of OSCORE Groups with the CoRE Resource Directory
Document date: 2019-07-05
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 20
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-03.txt
Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery/
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-03
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-tiloca-core-oscore-discovery-03

Abstract:
Group communication over the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
can be secured by means of Object Security for Constrained RESTful
Environments (OSCORE). At deployment time, devices may not know the
exact OSCORE groups to join, the respective Group Manager, or other
information required to perform the joining process. This document
describes how a CoAP endpoint can use the CoRE Resource Directory to
discover OSCORE groups and acquire information to join them through
the respective Group Manager. A given OSCORE group may protect
multiple application groups, which are separately announced in the
Resource Directory as sets of endpoints sharing a pool of resources.
This approach is consistent with, but not limited to, the joining of
OSCORE groups based on the ACE framework for Authentication and
Authorization in constrained environments.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat