Subject: [core] New Version Notification for draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-02.txt(fwd)

From: Markku Kojo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 02:07:35 +0300 (EEST)

CoRE WG,

we have recently submitted a new version of the FASOR draft that specifies 
an alternative retransmission timeout and congestion control back off 
algorithm for the CoAP protocol. This version just refreshes the document 
and does not introduce any modifications since -01.

As discussed by chairs in IETF-104 the next step for this draft is 
supposed to be the wg adoption call and the authors think that the 
document is ready for it.

Any comments/feedback on the draft is welcome.

Thanks,

/Markku

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2019 20:28:08 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Markku Kojo <[email-masked]>, Zhen Cao <[email-masked]>,
     Ilpo Jarvinen <[email-masked]>,
     Iivo Raitahila <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Ilpo Jarvinen and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-jarvinen-core-fasor
Revision:	02
Title:		Fast-Slow Retransmission Timeout and Congestion Control Algorithm for CoAP
Document date:	2019-07-07
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		15
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jarvinen-core-fasor/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-02
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-jarvinen-core-fasor
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-jarvinen-core-fasor-02

Abstract:
    This document specifies an alternative retransmission timeout and
    congestion control back off algorithm for the CoAP protocol, called
    Fast-Slow RTO (FASOR).

    The algorithm specified in this document employs an appropriate and
    large enough back off of Retransmission Timeout (RTO) as the major
    congestion control mechanism to allow acquiring unambiguous RTT
    samples with high probability and to prevent building a persistent
    queue when retransmitting.  The algorithm also aims to retransmit
    quickly using an accurately managed retransmission timeout when link-
    errors are occuring, basing RTO calculation on unambiguous round-trip
    time (RTT) samples.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat