Subject: [core] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-05

From: Robert Sparks via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 07:38:23 -0700

Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-core-senml-etch-05
Reviewer: Robert Sparks
Review Date: 2019-08-29
IETF LC End Date: 2019-09-02
IESG Telechat date: 2019-09-05

Summary: Ready for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC, but with nits to
consider before publication

Nits:

Since the string "-etch-" is in the media type, it might be nice to say in the
document where it came from.

I think the text in the interoperability considerations sections of the
registrations could be improved. You mean to talk about unrecognized keys, not
unrecognized key-value pairs. I also think the body of the RFC should have a
very short extensibility section that explicitly says you're doing a similar
thing as 8424 section 4.4 and point to that section.

I am a little uncomfortable with the "Fragment Identification" section (4) of
this document - it feels like a "do what we mean" statement. I don't have text
to suggest. It may well be that it will be dead-obvious to an implementer what
to do, but it makes me uneasy.