Subject: [core] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC7959 (6083)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 07:22:53 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC7959, "Block-Wise Transfers in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6083

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Mohamed Boucadair <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2020-04-09
Held by: Barry Leiba (IESG)

Section: 2.1

Original Text
-------------
       +-----+---+---+---+---+--------+--------+--------+---------+
       | No. | C | U | N | R | Name   | Format | Length | Default |
       +-----+---+---+---+---+--------+--------+--------+---------+
       |  23 | C | U | - | - | Block2 | uint   |    0-3 | (none)  |
       |     |   |   |   |   |        |        |        |         |
       |  27 | C | U | - | - | Block1 | uint   |    0-3 | (none)  |
       +-----+---+---+---+---+--------+--------+--------+---------+

                       Table 1: Block Option Numbers

Corrected Text
--------------
       +-----+---+---+---+---+--------+--------+--------+---------+
       | No. | C | U | N | R | Name   | Format | Length | Default |
       +-----+---+---+---+---+--------+--------+--------+---------+
       |  23 | x | x | - |   | Block2 | uint   |    0-3 | (none)  |
       |     |   |   |   |   |        |        |        |         |
       |  27 | x | x | - |   | Block1 | uint   |    0-3 | (none)  |
       +-----+---+---+---+---+--------+--------+--------+---------+

                       Table 1: Block Option Numbers

Notes
-----
* This is to align with the conventions in Section 5.10 of RFC7252
* These options are not repeatable as per:

"Either Block option MUST NOT occur more than once in a
   single message."

--------------------------------------
RFC7959 (draft-ietf-core-block-21)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Block-Wise Transfers in the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP)
Publication Date    : August 2016
Author(s)           : C. Bormann, Z. Shelby, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Constrained RESTful Environments
Area                : Applications and Real-Time
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG