Subject: [core] Murray Kucherawy's Yes on draft-ietf-core-stateless-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 16:46:08 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-core-stateless-06: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-core-stateless/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This was very easy to read and understand.  Nice work.

Editorial stuff:

Section 2.2.2:
* "... if the server will never be able to handle (e.g., because the token is
too large)," -- add "the request" after "handle" * "... a server implementing
this document should at least ..." -- s/document/extension/, right?

Section 3.1:
* "A client SHOULD integrity protect the state ..." -- s/integrity
protect/protect the integrity of/ * "Even when the serialized state is
integrity protected ..." should be "Even when the integrity of the serialized
state is protected ..." * "... the key used for integration protection ..." --
s/integration/integrity/, right?

Section 3.3:
* "... as a piggybacked response, a separate response or Non-confirmable
response, regardless ..." -- comma before "or"

---

From: Klaus Hartke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 09:07:07 +0000

Murray Kucherawy wrote:
> Section 2.2.2:
> * "... if the server will never be able to handle (e.g., because the token is too
> large)," -- add "the request" after "handle" * "... a server implementing this
> document should at least ..." -- s/document/extension/, right?

Right. Fixed.

> protect/protect the integrity of/ * "Even when the serialized state is integrity
> protected ..." should be "Even when the integrity of the serialized state is
> protected ..." * "... the key used for integration protection ..." --

Right. Fixed.

> response, regardless ..." -- comma before "or"

Fixed.

Thank you very much!

Klaus