Subject: [Crypto-panel] Fwd: A question to be added to the Round 2 questions list for nominated PAKEs

From: "Stanislav V. Smyshlyaev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 11:18:53 +0300

Forwarding a question for consideration during Round 2 of the PAKE
selection process from Björn Haase.

Regards,
Stanislav

---------- Forwarded message ---------
От: Björn Haase <[email-masked]>
Date: пн, 2 дек. 2019 г. в 11:15
Subject: WG: A question to be added to the Round 2 questions list for
nominated PAKEs
To: Stanislav V. Smyshlyaev <[email-masked]>

Dear Stanislav,

Find enclosed a CC of my post to the crypto-panel mailing list. It seems
that my mail did not get through the filters.

Yours,

Björn.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen I Best Regards

Dr. Björn Haase
------------------------------
Senior Expert Electronics | TGREH Electronics Hardware
Endress+Hauser Conducta GmbH+Co.KG | Dieselstrasse 24 | 70839 Gerlingen |
Germany
Phone: +49 7156 209 377 | Fax: +49 7156 209 221
[email-masked] | www.conducta.endress.com

------------------------------

Endress+Hauser Conducta GmbH+Co.KG
Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 201908
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Gerlingen
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Endress+Hauser Conducta
Verwaltungsgesellschaft mbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Gerlingen
Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRA 201929
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Manfred Jagiella
------------------------------

Gemäss Datenschutzgrundverordnung sind wir verpflichtet, Sie zu
informieren, wenn wir personenbezogene Daten von Ihnen erheben.

Dieser Informationspflicht kommen wir mit folgendem Datenschutzhinweis
<https://www.de.endress.com/de/cookies-endress+hauser-website> nach.
------------------------------

Disclaimer:

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged
material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
This e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or
an acceptance of a contract offer unless explicitly and conspicuously
designated or stated as such.

*Von:* Björn Haase
*Gesendet:* Montag, 2. Dezember 2019 09:11
*An:* [email-masked]
*Betreff:* A question to be added to the Round 2 questions list for
nominated PAKEs

Dear CFRG chairs and Crypto Review Panel members,

I am concerned that PAKE implementations might become hampered by patents.
Specifically because it seems that exceptionally one important patent
period has been recently extended by additional 3 years yielding a total
duration of 23 years. (A recent patent scan has pointed out that the PAK
patent U.S. Patent 7,047,408 will not expire as expected in march 2020 but
only in march 2023.)

Please add the following question to the list of additional questions to be

asked at Round 2 of the PAKE selection process.

- Can the nominators/developers of the protocols please re-evaluate
possible IPR conflicts between their candidates protocols and own and
foreign patents? Specifically, can you discuss the impact of U.S. Patent
7,047,408 (expected expiration 10th of march 2023) on free use of SPAKE2
and the impact of EP1847062B1 (HMQV, expected expiration October 2026) on
the free use of the RFC-drafts for OPAQUE?