Subject: [Crypto-panel] Request for review: draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-04

From: Nick Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 14:53:45 -0700

Dear Crypto Panel members,

Alexey, Stanislav and I would like to ask Crypto Review Panel members for a
review of https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-04.html. The
document specifies a set of mechanisms to do hybrid public key encryption.
It can be thought of as a generalization of ECIES for any KEM.

This document went through last call and didn't receive many comments, so a
thorough review from a crypto panel member would be helpful to move this
document forward.

Who would like to volunteer?

Best regards,
Nick (on behalf of chairs)

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 22:56:54 +0100

I've implemented an earlier version [1] and will be
coding up the final one. Happy to do it, or for that
to be considered disqualifying:-)

Cheers,
S.

[1] https://github.com/sftcd/happykey

On 08/06/2020 22:53, Nick Sullivan wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Crypto-panel mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/crypto-panel
>

---

From: Nick Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 15:56:53 -0700

Hi Stephen,

This works for us. We look forward to your review.

Nick (on behalf of the chairs)

---

From: Jean-Philippe Aumasson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:16:38 +0200

Hi,

I wrote this review a few days ago after Chris and Fred contacted me:

https://gist.github.com/veorq/76196fde31390a8696eac7e062c7b2ea

Cheers,,

JP

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 16:41:55 +0100

Nick, Stanislav and I would like to ask Crypto Review Panel members for 
a review of 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-vrf/?include_text=1> 
("Verifiable Random Functions").

Chairs are about to start RGLC on the document, so we would like to 
solicit some reviews before that.

One or two reviews would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Alexey (on behalf of chairs)

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:01:19 +0100

Nick, Stanislav and I would like to ask Crypto Review Panel members for 
an extra review of 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-kangarootwelve/?include_text=1> 
("KangarooTwelve").

Jean-Philippe Aumasson has made an excellent review of -01. 
Jean-Philippe, can I ask you to double check that your comments were 
addressed in -02?

Thank you,

---

From: Chloe Martindale <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 18:04:10 +0100

I can do it, but I won't be able to look at it until 2 weeks from now
because of deadlines - I hope that's not too late?

All the best,
Chloe