Subject: [dbound] DBOUND charter editorial changes

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 21:20:52 -0500

Sorry for the late post. I thought that, given my name is on the charter 
page, I might catch up on reading the list and the proposed charter. 
Still working on the former. Please accept these (hopefully minor) 
editorial changes regarding the latter:

OLD
    See the "Additional Background
    Information" section, below, for more details.
NEW
    See the WG wiki at <https://....> for more details.

(Since the below says that it's going away.)

OLD
    For the purpose of this work, domain names are identifiers used by
    organizations and services, independent of underlying protocols or
    mechanisms.  We define an "organizational domain" to be a name...
NEW
    For the purpose of this work, "domain names" are identifiers used by
    organizations and services, independent of underlying protocols or
    mechanisms, and an "organizational domain" is defined as a name...

(As the joke goes: "Who is this 'we'...?" I think the above reads better.)

OLD
    The current way most of this is handled is via a list published at
    publicsuffix.org
NEW
    The current way most of this is handled is via a list published at
    publicsuffix.org (commonly known as the "Public Suffix List" or "PSL")

(It seems to me that the words "Public Suffix List" or "PSL" should 
appear somewhere in the published charter. At least it makes those words 
searchable.)

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478